Car theft

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
My car was stolen last night in Cabarete between midnight and 4 a.m. whilst I was on the beach...if anybody by any chance sees a white 2002 Suziki Vitara plate # G 157017 please let me know....it could already be at a chop shop by now though. It also has a company plate on the front, Amber Guardian...unless the thieves are complete idiots the plate will no longer be on the front, but one never knows.
I have just spoken to a buddy of mine and he told me that at least 6 cars have been stolen this month in Cabarete, so beware, there could be some pros around....

TheHun

May 4, 2008
tee,

Sorry to hear that. Do you have theft insurance? I hope you do and the insurance will cover your loss.
It is on my first priority to get LoJack installed into my car as soon as it arrives. I did try to get that in the US, but I was told I have to get it in the country where I plan to live.
Best luck for you!

TheHun

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Lojack is already here. My friend's SUV was stolen 2 weeks ago in santiago and it was recovered in hours. Thanks to lojack.
AZB

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Drugs 'n Stuff

Cabarete is undergoing growing pains and serious drug problems. Police and government officials are no help so far. I guess it will take time or a major incident to bring it to a head.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
No news on the car, and I am not expecting any either...will see what the insurance company has to say, I am covered...but, this is an insurance company, so wish me luck with them if the car is not recovered!!!
LoJack is here in the D.R. They have been for 2 years... .:. LoJack .:.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I just hope papabenito, "Ben" does not read this, as it's football season and he is due to arrive soon , I hope?

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey tee, where on Caberete were you parked? I need to know these things as I am driving and dont want to get jacked myself! WTF gives....people no respect these days! good luck finding the car! - J

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i wonder if the Op had a multilock installed on the transmission shaft.
AZB

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
I know it's no help now. I have an older car and brought a Club from the US. I put it on and have had no problem. I guess it's the old suv or too much trouble to steal with the Club on it.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
i will have a rental car, nothing special, just hope i dont get jacked wherever i go! :eek:
Rent from an outfit that is recommended by people you trust, take out full insurance, including paying with a credit card that insures your rental, and take digicam pics of the vehicle with time stamp, at the point of rental.
If that doesn't keep you safe, then God hates you. ;)

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey Robert! I dont know how frequent car jacking is in DR but I have heard of a few instances in the south [San Cristobal] and on the roads to Bani/Azua....case of being at the wrong place at the wrong time i am sure.... :eek: scary!
one of the unfortunate fellows who was 'jacked' had his old beat up pickup taken from him, held up at gunpoint, told to move over, went along for a ride and dropped off on the side of the road....crazy! :eek: