looking for unitarians

lesleybartlett

Aug 18, 2008
hello,
anyone know if there are any unitarian universalist meetings in santo domingo? if so, can you give an address or phone number?

jimhe

Mar 26, 2006
Me too !! Me too !!

I thought my family were all the UUs on this island. Even if we don't end up finding a place to light a chalice together maybe the next time my wife and I are in the capital we can get together for a cafe con leche. We live in Juan Dolio.

If you find out anything in response to your post please let me know.

Jim

lesleybartlett

Aug 18, 2008
hiya

so i guess that doesn't bode well for our chances of finding a group here, huh? if you ever lived in santo domingo and know of some religious groupthat you enjoyed celebrating with, please do send info. and yes we'd love to meet you for a coffee when you come this way, or when we head down to the beach!
lesley

jimhe

Mar 26, 2006
A what??

Can you please explain to me what is this "UU"?

I know what "AA" is, but i dont think its the same thing.

:cheeky::surprised:squareeye:laugh::laugh::laugh:
While I am sure some UUs are in AA....no they are not related. UU is short for Unitarian Universalist. It is a liberal religion, but I won't go into the details since I suspect religion is a touchy subject for this board.

You can PM me if you want more info.

jimhe

Mar 26, 2006
AH HA -- a growing group .. I am a Quaker, of the Universalist sort, and have despaired a bit of finding fellows...in Santo Domingo.... for the time being

A Quaker is close enough for me. If I hear of any wave of interested others I will contact you.