Clubs in Santiago

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
Does anyone know the best clubs in Santiago? Clubs for younger crowds...Barrio and high life clubs are welcomed. Is there a strip or are they scattered around the city?

Much appreciated

Lu

californian

Aug 19, 2008
my favorite is out27, it is near marchena, right by Lotteria. They have free drinks for ladies on sat and 2x1 for guys for everything on sunday. Good food, free wireless, laptops to use with the wireless. All sports games are on their sweet setup of LCD tv's. The staff is very friendly. They have been open for less than a yr, and I would say it is the nicest bar I have been in, feels like a nice bar back in the usa.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Where is "Marchena" and the "Lotteria" in Santiago?

What street and intersection?

Don SantiagoDR

Av. Estrella Sadhala, " plaza Alejo " beside the shell gas station that is located across the street from gate # 2 - PUCCMM.

JJ.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Also check out Dolce and Francifol, young crowds and very popular. There are several strip clubs, but all somewhat outside of town...Illusion, Passion and Casa Blanca...

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Porkey

Is Porkey`s (former Riverside) open now? Used to be the best in my opinion. Then was closed for long time. Ambiance. Great shows. Great talents.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
my favorite is out27, it is near marchena, right by Lotteria. They have free drinks for ladies on sat and 2x1 for guys for everything on sunday. Good food, free wireless, laptops to use with the wireless. All sports games are on their sweet setup of LCD tv's. The staff is very friendly. They have been open for less than a yr, and I would say it is the nicest bar I have been in, feels like a nice bar back in the usa.

out27 is opened up by a dominican york. Its a bar with free wireless and best of all, free use of bar laptops. They have laptops for clients to use. This is not a regular bar, its a banca. Its a sports bar with a built-in banca (place for placing bets). No real business and no real clients go there. They usually have more staff than clients. I wonder if this business is really designed to make money or maybe a screen for other business. I don't know.

The dance places that are for trendy folks are: francifol cafe, tribecca and Dolce. Then you have places that are good to dance but all types of folks go there is: Kartuja (in hotel matum). Cosmopolitan is a after hours bar in Gran Almirante hotel. Full of dominican yorks and call-girls. Lets put it like this: Where ever dominican yorks go, the hookers follow, or maybe its the other way around. In any case they both go hand in hand.
Then you have typical barrio-dominican york places: Monte Bar (las colinas). This is a huge concert place, ranch style. All merengue, Bachata and musica tipica acts play there. You will meet people from barrios to dominican yorks to local baseball players. Whatever place caters to ghetto folks, dominican yorks and tourists end up there for some reason. Then you have rancho merengue, typical ghetto crowd. Andy's ranch, typical ghetto crowd plus dom-yorks. This place is a day time loud music bar with a huge public swimming pool. Kids of all ages are peeing inside. This is right next to mirage cabanas (walking distance). Dizzy ranch is also like monte bar but I think this place has become less popular over time.
Then you have sleazy places (of course, barrio folks and dominican yorks again): Ilusiones, casa blanca. They are both hooker joints but they do put live musical acts on stage from time to time. These places are also considered discos by some people.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB did you forget to mention Zoom? Thats for people who like tehcno/dance/house music... Cosmopolitan is only good after normal closing time... (3 am weekends, 1 am weekdays) cuz the parties will continue there with at least some "respectable" crowds...THey (zoom, dolce, tribeca and cosmopolitan) are all pretty spread out but none are too far from the intersections of the "elevado" and The 27 de febrero and the juan pablo duarte.

Zoom is another trendy disco but usually popular among very young crowd.
Moma (plaza internacional) has also converted into a dance club. It used to be a lounge now with business so bad all over santiago, they have converted into a dance club. I saw lots of young people there so I went the other way. It was not so crowded anyway, even on saturday.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Oh boy, I wrote how it is in santiago dance club scene the way I see it fit, I get all my points taken off. From 555 to down to 11. Hahahahaha. some people need a life. I tell you what, take away all the points so I don't have to even check my reputation.
Who the hell did all that anyway, I wonder?
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
That post, of all things, was not the straw that broke the camel's back. You need to check one of the recent threads about the glorious reputation system reform.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
I like Monte Bar in Las Colinas for live music. I've had a great time there and am happy that a consistent venue for Dominican music is at the same time well run and accessible.
And after some good music and a few brewskies, the patio set up on the sidewalk outside has some really good sandwiches and snacks! Very cool.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok, I take it back. i see the system is re-setted to zero. Oooopppssss
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Would someone else please explain the situation to our hot-headed friend here? Oh, I see, Anna already has.
AZB, kindly chill and read the Reputation System thread now. I might even delete the last few posts to spare you further embarrassment.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Or maybe it stems from your own personal agenda. Nice to have the delete button and using all the moderator tools when you are sitting bored somewhere in punta cana. I didn't see you post any real info on what the OP had requested. What I had written is exactly the way it is in places in santiago. Maybe some people need to know all that. Remember, not all dr1 readers subscribe to maria teresa's foundation.
have a nice day.
AZB

You really need to read all posts in a thread to keep up with what is going on. No one took your points away except Robert. The system has changed, get with it before you lash back like that.

Try reading the first post in that thread not the last

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Read my post above, I did read the thread quickly and then changed my wordings. Nice to see chiri doesn't hate me enough to take away all my points. I thought I was on the verge of being banned. One more post with the word ghetto and I was going to move to miguel's town.
Hahahahah. Anyway. I take it all back. Sorry.
AZB

Reactions: Frank the Tank

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Oh boy, I wrote how it is in santiago dance club scene the way I see it fit, I get all my points taken off. From 555 to down to 11. Hahahahaha. some people need a life. I tell you what, take away all the points so I don't have to even check my reputation.
Who the hell did all that anyway, I wonder?
AZB

Not to worry! We all know that you are great honest person and great doc! If I got any back spazm (God forbid!) I will go to your Santiago office only. We all know it without any "points" whatsoever!