*** Reputation System ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
As I type this it's being updated, so don't panic if you see that you have no rep etc.

What's changing?

- We are going to test a positive only reputation system.
- All users reputation levels will be reset to the same start value regardless of post count or previous reputation point level.
- Admins and Mods will start at a higher level, for obvious reasons :)

I'll post in this thread when I have any more updates.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The levels have been changed and now the actual point value is also shown in brackets ().
Also you will be able to add a few features to your profile based on reputation level.

Signature -- 1000 points
DR1 office keys -- 2000 points :)

Level 1 -- 10 points --
reputation_pos.gif

Level 2 -- 50 points --
reputation_pos.gif

Level 3 -- 150 points --
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

Level 4 -- 250 points --
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

Level 5 -- 350 points --
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

Level 6 -- 450 points --
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif

Level 7 -- 550 points --
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

Level 8 -- 650 points --
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

Level 9 -- 1000 points --
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

Level 10 -- 2000 points --
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

One yellow square is given for every 100 reputation points.
From 500 points on, one bright green square is given for every 200 reputation points.
I need to adjust this and add different colors so it's not so many icons, but that will come at a later date.

Reactions: AnnaC

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What is the DR1 office keys and do the mods get a key to the executive washroom? ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok I get it

They are made of metal and when you put them in a door lock and turn them, the door opens.

I never realized Canada was that far behind the times :)

Very funny. I thought maybe it was a new DR1 function/feature :laugh:

Reactions: Robert

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
As I type this it's being updated, so don't panic if you see that you have no rep etc.

What's changing?

- We are going to test a positive only reputation system.
- All users reputation levels will be reset to the same start value regardless of post count or previous reputation point level.
- Admins and Mods will start at a higher level, for obvious reasons :)

I'll post in this thread when I have any more updates.

Excellent response, thank you, maybe now some of the missing posters will return to DR1.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Excellent response, thank you, maybe now some of the missing posters will return to DR1.

I hope not! They are usually missing for a very good reason, either they have issues with DR1 or we don't want them posting :)

That's a topic for a another thread and not by hijacking this one...

Feb 7, 2007
I see that my 3 yellow bars have been reduced to 1 and my points have dropped 200+.

That's quite unfair! The people with two bars should have more points and people with 3 bars should have more points and people with four bars should have more points, and so on.

One works so hard to get ones... as Whirleybird said in the polls thread... it's ego booster....

Basically, it's the same thing that happened with cemex in Venezuela last night. They are back to square one. Nationalized. Zero. Same here. The positive points have been nationalized by DR1. Back to square one. As investors will not pursue deeply investments in Venezuela for fears their money will be nationalized in the future, DR1 posters will not pursue deeply the hard work to make and publish great posts, because of the fear their points will be nationalized and seized in the future as well.

:( :( :(

Reactions: cobraboy

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
I'm of the mind that I may stop posting because the purpose and focus of the forum is being watered down. Not that I ever have anything interesting to say. I fear substance will be reduced to bobbing for apples. This whole "reputation" thing is obviously being taken way too seriously. I mean really, like totally, and such as, I want to be popular.

Jeez.

Everybody loves everybody now.? How Utopian.

Sollie.

Reactions: Lapurr

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Agreed. I for one would like to opt out (disable) of the rep system. If I miss behave I will be duly warned, if I continue its hasta la vista baby and sent on a one way vacation.....very simple as it was done before. No disrespect to the administrators but as I said before sometimes I feel like I'm back in kindergarten.:cheeky:

Last edited:

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I see that my 3 yellow bars have been reduced to 1 and my points have dropped 200+.

That's quite unfair! The people with two bars should have more points and people with 3 bars should have more points and people with four bars should have more points, and so on.

One works so hard to get ones... as Whirleybird said in the polls thread... it's ego booster....

Basically, it's the same thing that happened with cemex in Venezuela last night. They are back to square one. Nationalized. Zero. Same here. The positive points have been nationalized by DR1. Back to square one. As investors will not pursue deeply investments in Venezuela for fears their money will be nationalized in the future, DR1 posters will not pursue deeply the hard work to make and publish great posts, because of the fear their points will be nationalized and seized in the future as well.

:( :( :(

I don't understand how the content of a post is not enough to boost your ego. If the post is well written, helpful and contributes to the conversation, others will recognize it by their response or a congratulatory PM, but I guess I'm just a simple guy with lots of ego:cheeky:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The system needed a change for obvious reasons. We made the change and like any change, you cannot please all the people. We feel the system will now be better and will not be abused by a small group of posters. Is that "Nationalization"? Nope, that's listening to feedback and making changes to reflect that feedback.
We are listening, which is more than can be said for Chevez :)

Sometimes it's easier to wipe the slate clean, rather than waste hours adjusting everything to posters previous points etc. At the end of the day, those posters with previous good rep will rise to the surface again.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Agreed. I for one would like to opt out (disable) of the rep system. If I miss behave I will be duly warned, if I continue its hasta la vista baby and sent on a one way vacation.....very simple as it was done before. No disrespect to the administrators but as I said before sometimes I feel like I'm back in kindergarten.:cheeky:

Sorry, can't do that. Everyone is in the system, only admins can choose to opt-out.

You feel like you're sometimes in kindergarten and I sometimes feel like a "cat herder"...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm of the mind that I may stop posting because the purpose and focus of the forum is being watered down. Not that I ever have anything interesting to say. I fear substance will be reduced to bobbing for apples. This whole "reputation" thing is obviously being taken way too seriously. I mean really, like totally, and such as, I want to be popular.

Jeez.

Everybody loves everybody now.? How Utopian.

Sollie.

The beauty of DR1 is it's free. You can choose to participate or not.
Nobody is forcing anyone to stay, post, read etc.

Like I have always said, you get out of it what you put into it :)

sollie

Jul 30, 2006
Democracy in action

Robert,

Where can I give you negative rep for misspelling? :cheeky:

Sollie

Status
Not open for further replies.