A serious warning to all of you

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
My son and I were recently ill, he was first, and bought antibiotics, after 3-4 days he had no change, then when I got his bug I also bought meds. After three days when there was no change whatsoever I checked the meds, I knew something was wrong when there was no improvement for either of us. My investigations showed no usual code ID bar and I checked out the lab in India to find no response. As some of you may be aware there are false meds on the world market. The US has been hit a lot with this problem. Now it looks like the DR has joined the fold. CHECK CHECK CHECK when you are buying meds. It is a common thing here for the poor to buy 2, 3 etc pills at a time as it is all they can afford. So check the box before you buy, check it has the instruction leaflet inside from a reputable lab. Maybe the pharmacies here know, maybe they dont. ;) I am taking this further and will keep you posted.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Thanks Ladybird for the fair warning. As with everything else that is purchased here "check, ckeck, check" should be stardard rule of thumb. Seems as even the products one would normally think OK, is NOT. Now the meds??? What is the recourse?
I know that when we bought an expensive roll of "galvenized" wire mesh, completely covered in black wrapping and even LABELED so, it actually turned out to be just iron wire once brought home and unwrapped. Luckily, feretteria took it back. Check, check, check.

Hope you and your son get well soon/ rapidly improve.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Thanks Reese we went back to the old cures, natural Dominican herbs etc and were better in 2 days. Luckily we are supplying our guard service to a Senior dominican official, so we have a meeting with him soon and will discuss how he can help with the investigations to put a control/stop on this evil practice here. Its the poor Dominicans I feel sorry for, buying expensive meds they can ill afford without the necessary result.

S

sokitoumi

what was the product....was it dangerous or just passed its sellby date

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I don't doubt that placebos are being sold left right and center, especially if they are being sold in singles out of the prescription bottle.

that would leave me very uneasy, glad to hear you and your son are feeling better!
I have purchased medication, while on vacation in DR, But usually over the counter stuff, and was surprised that you can buy just 1 or 2 advils.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
I don't doubt that placebos are being sold left right and center, especially if they are being sold in singles out of the prescription bottle.

that would leave me very uneasy, glad to hear you and your son are feeling better!
I have purchased medication, while on vacation in DR, But usually over the counter stuff, and was surprised that you can buy just 1 or 2 advils.

Meds are often sold individually in poor countries as many struggle to find the money to pay for them. If I had purchased them I would have checked first as I usually do. In one way I am glad we discovered this, enabling us to try and stem the flow.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
thanks ladybird. I got TERRIBLY i'll on my last trip. Luckily my friend got a good doctor for me and he provided the meds (6 different bottles of pills plus two injections...and made TWO house calls!) I think i paid about 60 USD for everything. The price amazed me as i would pay much more in the US for a doctors visit even with insurance.

anyhoo...i stray off topic a bit. I just wanted to share that i DID get good care in DR! I was totaly freaked out when I got sick.

One question: do they have large chain pharmacias there? I am sure they do but I know you cant find one in a small town.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will ask my doctor here for a good antibiotic before i travel back. I got sick from some left over lambi...long story.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
thanks ladybird. I got TERRIBLY i'll on my last trip. Luckily my friend got a good doctor for me and he provided the meds (6 different bottles of pills plus two injections...and made TWO house calls!) I think i paid about 60 USD for everything. The price amazed me as i would pay much more in the US for a doctors visit even with insurance.

anyhoo...i stray off topic a bit. I just wanted to share that i DID get good care in DR! I was totaly freaked out when I got sick.

One question: do they have large chain pharmacias there? I am sure they do but I know you cant find one in a small town.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will ask my doctor here for a good antibiotic before i travel back. I got sick from some left over lambi...long story.

Hi JR

Long time, hope you are ok now. It wouldnt make any difference whether the pharmacy is a large chain or not going by the reports of how many were hit in the US. They are very cleverly disguised by all accounts from the reports from the US. I wish Id kept some notes from the reports on how to detect. But these were not so well disguised after you study them. It is not usual to see no improvement after taking antibiotics for a few days, hence I began to be suspicious and studied them further. All those discovered in the US came from Asia, as these were. I remember the investigative journalist challenging one lab in Asia found to be selling them to the US, only to be told they are a perfectly legal company, which they were!!!! in Asia!!

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Both meds were bought in two different farmacies in El Batey. I dont think it is wise or fair to name them until further investigations are made.

I guess that narrows it down some as there are only TWO pharmacies in El Batey. Thanks for the info.

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
Glad to hear all is well with you and your son, Ladybird! Perhaps, what you did get was a remnant of that shipment or worse yet maybe this type of bust has put "ideas" in some heads that see a new angle on thier charades of survival????
I think the old school of medicine with natural herbs and plants is the safest and best yet. Many "bush teas" that are still used in el campo have amazing results. This time tested, natural healing brew/s comes in many concoctions for many different ailments and problems with the body. Depends on which witch doctor (bruja) you speak with.
I am very interested in speaking with anyone who has knowledge of a natural healing background. Currently, I am growing some plants here for this type of medicinal purpose but would like to grow more or have more available or even trade with member's of the North coast community. In the long run maybe we can provide a network of alternative medicine to the greater community.

Reactions: FernieBee
S

sokitoumi

you say the pharmacys may be innocent ...but couldnt they do the same checks that you have done if they are selling products to the public that may be fatal.

I wouldnt buy anything from the pharmacy near the bon ice cream place because they are extreemly expensive- also shouldnt some drugs be kept at certain temperatures, most seem to be just stacked on shelves

Reactions: FernieBee

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
It could also be...............

that the most common bacterial cause of sore throat is caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae. Ciprofloxacin has a VERY POOR Streptococcus pneumoniae coverage.............

just a thought..................but a doctor's opinion would be appreciated!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Glad to hear all is well with you and your son, Ladybird! Perhaps, what you did get was a remnant of that shipment or worse yet maybe this type of bust has put "ideas" in some heads that see a new angle on thier charades of survival????
I think the old school of medicine with natural herbs and plants is the safest and best yet. Many "bush teas" that are still used in el campo have amazing results. This time tested, natural healing brew/s comes in many concoctions for many different ailments and problems with the body. Depends on which witch doctor (bruja) you speak with.
I am very interested in speaking with anyone who has knowledge of a natural healing background. Currently, I am growing some plants here for this type of medicinal purpose but would like to grow more or have more available or even trade with member's of the North coast community. In the long run maybe we can provide a network of alternative medicine to the greater community.

I agree totally, I am very interested in what you are going to produce. Please keep in touch when you are ready. I am on skype. Twice now I have seen friends with broken limbs, one arm one leg. They couldnt take the normal plaster put on at the hospitals, so both at different times cut off the plaster and put on some form of plaster herbal mix. I was astounded at the speed they both recovered. Normally it takes 6 weeks with modern day plaster casts.