Business Opportunity

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Here's an idea for anybody wanting to start a business on the north coast ....

We desperately need more variety of eateries in Costambar!

Perfection would be somewhere serving English pub-grub - bangers n mash, roast dinners on Sundays, proper toasted sandwiches etc.

There's only so much pizza n schnitzel a man can eat!

I know we can go to Sosua & get this food but
a/ it's too far
b/ we prefer to eat in peace & not be hassled by putas & paedos

How about it? Are there any entrepreneurs out there?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
A new restaurant with great food is always welcome, but British food?

C'mon, even the British don't eat that stuff. :glasses:

I was in London over the summer, and I saw the Pubs full of drinkers and the Indian restaurants full of diners.

So instead of Tater Mash (or whatever), maybe some Tikka Masala? :glasses:

lol. Seriously, let's hope Britannia Pub or some other entrepreneur opens a satellite restaurant soon.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
So how about a great Bar and Grill with Trilingual servers.. and food you can eat...
HUmmm may have guest chef on Wednesday.. and a nice clean facility.....
Like Rocky's....

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Mikefisher - you appear to be missing the point - it's about choice & there is none in Costambar.

DRob - we left the (Y)UK to escape the all-pervading stench of curry, not only in restaurants but also on the streets & in politics.

chola - every time we've driven past Rockys there only appear to be the same 4 people in there - btw Rocky maybe you should encourage them to move about a bit to make the place look busy .....

reese - we always carry alcohol hand wash with us - a wise precaution in this country methinks!

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
every time we've driven past Rockys there only appear to be the same 4 people in there - btw Rocky maybe you should encourage them to move about a bit to make the place look busy .....

Since Rockys bar goes back a long way I fail to see how you could conclude this 'driving past'. If you were on foot on the pavement maybe, but driving past??? I might have bad eyesight but I can't tell how many or whom is inside until I actually walk in. Does anyone else concur?

ffritz, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but I just wanted to check that it is based on info which is factual. Alternatively, of course, never having met you, it is possible that you resemble a giraffe & can thus see round corners............:)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Since Rockys bar goes back a long way I fail to see how you could conclude this 'driving past'. If you were on foot on the pavement maybe, but driving past??? I might have bad eyesight but I can't tell how many or whom is inside until I actually walk in. Does anyone else concur?

ffritz, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but I just wanted to check that it is based on info which is factual. Alternatively, of course, never having met you, it is possible that you resemble a giraffe & can thus see round corners............:)

I drive by Rocky's on my Chinese, 150cc Harley every day and those four people are replaced by 6 to 8 people rather quickly.

What you do not notice when flying by Rocky's at a fast pace is the number of Patrons in the lower level that are using the internet cafe portion of this establishment.

This cannot be seen from the street.

It's like a Gentlemens Club !

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I have visited Rocky's on a few occasions & would agree that it is not possible to see beyond the first 3 tables & thereby determine the quantity of their client?le unless one enters the establishment! The 'back' & 'lower' section houses a number of computers that people come in to use all day long & a few others bring in their own laptops (free WiFi!!).

With regard to BRITISH food ....... we used to have that here in Puerto Plata. Derek ran the 'British Pub' in doce de Julio some years ago - it closed through lack of clients willing to eat there on a REGULAR basis. Prior to that there was Eddy's place on Avenida Colon which used to run an English Night (NOT successfull). Then there was the English 'Fish & Chips' place in Playa Dorada run by Martin & his wife ...... closed through lack of sponsorship!!

I am sure I have forgotten a couple of the others that tried 'English nosh' as a speciality & failed - maybe other longer term Brits/Canadians could remind me of them?

It would appear that maybe Liz & Biko ought to offer something JUST for the Costambar client?le. Surely all the Brits now habiting Costambar would be able to keep them going with trade? Maybe Liz could start a 'Bangers & mash', 'Steak Pud with mushy peas' or 'Toad in the hole with mash & gravy' take away or delivery service???

Hey, they could also arrange a tank of water throwing constant 'RAIN' over anyone calling in to the caf?/restaurant :cheeky:;):cheeky:(water to be recycled back into the tank of course!:pirate:!). ~ Grahame.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
This cannot be seen from the street.

Thank you for the confirmation. I do not seek to stifle different opinions. Just want to make sure it is based on factually correct, honest, verifiable information. Had ffritz opined as to whether he liked the establishment or not, I would not have raised a murmur. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But to give an opinion on numbers of clientele based on an impossible methodology is well...................there's probably a word somewhere. ;)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Gentlemens Club ............. ROCKY's??:ermm:??:ermm:? - Go wash your mouth out & re-polish your Chinese 150 Sir!:cheeky:!:cheeky:! ~ Grahame.

I am sorry, the definition of a gentlemens club varies from country to country.

You guys do lose a lot in translation that's for sure.

Best intentions, but to to tell someone to tell someone to wash their mouth out with soap, is from the 1960's ! ! !

I think your wife is great.

chill dude

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
many restaurants have opened and closed in costambar over the years. not enough business there to make it worth while.
AZB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I am sorry, the definition of a gentlemens club varies from country to country.
'Gentlemens Club' as used above indicates a place of HIGH repute rather than 'something else' - I was being very 'chilled' in my usage showing my warm feelings towards Marco & his establishment. Did you mean to convey (in your response) that I was wrong to do so?

Best intentions, but to to tell someone to tell someone to wash their mouth out with soap, is from the 1960's ! ! !
True & as I am a product of that era, it is not surprising that I should use it! However, I would advise that some things progress in life & this expression is now used with affection to indicate a form of humour. Sorry if my respect for your comment & my feelings to Rocky's did not get properly understood by you!

I think your wife is great.
So did I for two years before we found we could not live together (twelve years later). If you refer to the good lady called Lambada ............... Yeah, so do I - In MANY more ways than she displays on DR1 too!!:cheeky::paranoid:

chill dude
'Dude' I am not & never will be, ............... but 'Chill'? - No Problem. If I were anymore 'chilled' I would have a full time job with Frigidaire!!! :cheeky: ;)
NO disrespect was meant to Marco - check it with him!! ~ Grahame.