Birds of the same feathers flock together.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
After my latest encounter with a north american in sosua beach, I am beginning to understand better why some people attract to a certain type of location and people in general. Now I do understand some people live in tourist resort location to retire and live a perfectly decent life and associate with normal respectable folks and others run businesses in resort areas to make a living. I am not talking about these folks. I am talking about tourists who come here, fall in love with street whores and end up getting into troubles in some time there-after. It became apparent to me that not all folks are totally innocent who fall for these types of women.
I was in sosua beach recently, minding my own business. There was a dominican family resting next to my beach chair. I paid no interest and not talked to them. When I came back from a swim, I saw a Canadian sitting with them. This is when I had realized that the younger woman was his girlfriend and the older lady was the aunt. Now the younger woman was not so young either, she had a few grown up kids around her. The gringo was basically a bit tipsy and in festive mood. He didn't seem too polished from his looks as he had a beer in his hand and seemed some-what drunk. He was trying to speak spanish and spoke some handy words. He then turns to me and asked me if I was a tourist. I told him of my status in this country. He then started to talk to me with greater interest. then he comments on how well I speak spanish and etc. Then all of the sudden he turn the conversation around and hits me with a joke. I was under the weather a bit and I was sneezing. He jokingly accuses me of doing lines (snorting cocaine). I basically laughed it off but then he comes back and tells me that he does coke every now and then. So again I showed no interest. Then he goes on to tell me he doesn't do it often but when he is on vacation and finds a good looking hooker whom he likes to be with, he gets drunk and then goes out to barrios to look for coke.
This is when I told him on dangers of getting busted in this country and possibly getting thrown in a dungeon. He tells me, he is aware of all this and this is why he lets his dominican hooker friends get him some coke. he wanted to talk more in to details on these issues and also mentioned how he got deported from another latin country for getting involved in some serious offense with his friends. At this point, I packed up, said goodbye to him and left.
So now when we hear how some expats and tourists getting mugged,killed and thrown in jail, just remember, there might be another side of story to what you hear in the news and from people.
AZB

Reactions: AlaninDR

reese_in_va

Feb 22, 2007
With this kind of lifestyle, it is only a matter of time before this guy winds up in some trouble. If he talks like that and lives like that, it will be soon and it will be BIG problems for this guy.
You did the right thing...walking away.

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
It's people like this that give a bad name to "tourists." Unfortunately, a lot of tourists think that going on vacation somewhere means going wild and they behave in a fashion that they wouldn't normally at home. Why some people think that they need to get drunk, get high and get laid when on vacation is beyond me, but then again, I'm just an old fart that enjoys visiting a place, taking in the sights and learning as much as I can from meeting people. I also enjoy partying a little but I don't think you have to stand out in a crowd by being loud, obnoxious etc to have a good time.

Robin

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
In other words don't look for the obvious in a story, it may be something else all together. AZB perhaps he was checking you out buddy.:cheeky:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
You mean that 'the hooker friend' might also have been an undercover Sergeant/lieutenant with the DNCD? Both had noticed AZB's fantastic 'Sun Tan' & wanted to check him out further?? :ermm:

Ooooooh, these cops are getting devious these days! :pirate::paranoid: ~ Grahame.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Mr. Hidalgo, this guy seemed drunk and he was with a whole dominican family. Of course he was dishing out money for drinks and food. He was trying to show off in front of me with his spanish skills but when he heard me talk, he backed off. If he wanted to bust a tourist, he should be in one of the bars in puta places. He didn't know I was next to him, I came later as I had spend a good hour in water. When I came back he was there with the family. I, initially, thought the family was there alone.
I have spent many moons studying people. I didn't lose all my hair under the sun, I have seen the world a bit in my time.
This guy was no interpole.
AZB

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I met one once in Puerto Plata - he was so good he was awful, if you know what I mean. He was dressed like a wally, he acted like a wally, it was all so obvious you would never have thought he could be anything other than a wally tourist (no disrespect to tourists in general but there are some who dress as typical plonkers). And when I caught his eye I realised we'd met before: another time, another country. So I stifled the urge to greet & ask 'what on earth are you doing?' & just passed by with a wink. If he had really become a wally, I didn't want to know & if he was working, he wouldn't want to know me. And he didn't run after me with 'hey, remember me?' so I reckon I did the right thing.

I'm sure AZB knows his undercovers but I can promise you he wouldn't have been looking to bust you. He would have been looking at you as a source of info.

Was this tourist the same guy in McDonalds in Santiago?

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Lol

dickhead...I think , I will look it up

I cant help it!

2qmff4m.jpg

S

sokitoumi

I said that to my mother once before i realised you couldnt just substitute letters...I thought it was another form of twit

granca

Bronze
Aug 20, 2007
a Wally is a foolish or inept person, used in brit and aussie english.Crocodile Dundee?s mate was called Wally, you can probably work out why.Plonker too usually means a stupid person although it can mean penis in the sense of pulling it. Neither is very strong and usually used affectionately. Twat in polite company is not a good idea as it could mean, if someone knows 17th century english, a term of contempt for a person. It is now used as a term for female genitalia. All clear or clear as mud ?