2 times newbie need some advice

Dayuya

Aug 20, 2008
First, I am sorry for my English, I am a Spanish speaker.I don't know if this is the right forum to ask my questions ,but since I look around and this one have 67 peoples viewing the topics , I thought I will try here and since it is my first post maybe the moderators have mercy
My problem is that I am leaving to Santo Domingo on Sunday August 24, in 4 days, and I don't have a place to stay for sure.I had planned this with time. I am not going as a tourist , I just need dental work to be done and with the prices in Florida it is impossible for me, I can't wait no more so I begin to save some money , I get a number for a doctor that work at her house in the area name Mirador del Sur, I talk to her and she told me that it can be done,she also will try to find me a house where I can stay during mi visit,(August 24-30), and she told me to not worried that it will not be expensive because the lady was a friend of her.

I call her this Monday and she told me that her friend is asking for $50.00 daily for the house, 60 if I want breakfast and dinner, I told her that I don't have that kind of money, and I would like to save every pennies and put it towards the work that has to be done in my mouth,and that I know than some little hotel/motels charge between 22 and 40 , she told me to call back next day, and then she told me that it will be $50.00 including breakfast and dinner and since its close to her house I don't have to paid for transportation, so I will be saving money no matters what.

I don't know the place, not the prices, I would like some advice in this matter , also I need a root canal and she told me over the phone that it could be around $80 to $100 , If I have to pay the $300. I will only have around 350 to expend at the dentist.I was looking at a hotel Freeman and I can get a single room for about $35. an in another hotel I forgot the name $32, but I will have to go every day to Mirador Sur for treatment, so I don't know if its worth it .Thanks in advance for your opinions and please don't be so rude with ,I really don't have the money, I wish that it will be different, so I will be able to do some tourism.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
.............she told me to call back next day, and then she told me that it will be $50.00 including breakfast and dinner and since its close to her house I don't have to paid for transportation, so I will be saving money no matters what............

I think you will have a hard time finding a better deal. There are hotels available in Gascue or Zona Colonial for $30 a night. Round trip taxi to Mirador Sur is going to cost at least $9-$10 a day. Add in the cost of breakfast and dinner you won't be saving much, if any.

BTW no problem with your English.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
I think you will have a hard time finding a better deal. There are hotels available in Gascue or Zona Colonial for $30 a night. Round trip taxi to Mirador Sur is going to cost at least $9-$10 a day. Add in the cost of breakfast and dinner you won't be saving much, if any.

BTW no problem with your English.

I doubt that after those root canals and other several hours a day dentist work in her mouth he will need nor want any desayuno o cena anyway.