Is there anywhere to Kite Surf in Punta Cana

mdb133

Aug 21, 2008
I'm going to be in Punta Cana (Tortuga Bay) and I'm looking for a Kite Surfing school near by. Anybody have any ideas?

Princesa777

Apr 13, 2008
Hmm...if you come to kite, you are kinda in the wrong place. There are lots of kiteschools in Cabarete (north coast) en there is also some kiting and a school in Las Terrenas (Samana).

I dont know any kiteschools in Punta Cana though, sorry.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
I've never seen any Kite surfers in Punta Cana, I did see parasailors, drop from the sky
because the boat ran out of gas or broke down.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we have private kite surfers here in punta cana,weather is just still too quiet this hurricane season to provide the right conditions.
forget about la romana, those would be the worst conditions for the sport, Island wide the spot for that is Cabarete without a doubt.
will try to get you contacts for PC tomorrow,
we have some french kite-teachers in the area, but it's been a longer while that i hung out with 'em, hope i get you the info.
btw,
your friends place at Tortuga Bay is a top spot
s'y' around
Mike

Caren M.

Jan 27, 2006
Try Christophe 829-994-2521. He is excellent and gives lessions when the weather is right. He is in Punta Cana near Alisios Hotel in el Cortecito.

Bruce Horne

Jan 21, 2009
Kiteboarding near el Cortecito

Try Christophe 829-994-2521. He is excellent and gives lessions when the weather is right. He is in Punta Cana near Alisios Hotel in el Cortecito.

Hi Caren: Do you know if Christophe is still teaching kiteboarding?

I will be staying at the Majestic Colonial for the week begining February 15 and would like to be able to take some lessons.

Bruce

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hello Bruce,
yes, as far as i know the guys are still around. call his number upfront, if you call from the US or canada just dial it with a "1" in front of the number, if dialing from europe put a "001" in front of the number.
have fun
Mike