Bachata on Guitar

adiaz43

Jul 28, 2008
Anyone knows of a good website to go to learn how to play bachata on a guitar? I play decent guitar but want to get better at bachata. Thanks!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
wow this guy on YOUTUBE is good with the guitar! makes me want to learn!

It ain't that hard BUT if you are really serious you have to take lessons and devote about 1 hour per day to practice. It took me about two years with a private instructor to get good at it. You have to truly love it, if not you can forget about it :) Also, it is much more difficult for us adults. I have a friend that learned when he was a teen and he is a pro. So if you have kids, encourage them to take up a musical instrument. They will thank you later :)

To the OP question - learning bachat on guitar is tricky. I tried once and gave it up. You have to learn how to play with a thumb pick (which I am not too good at).

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey El Tigre, I agree this is no easy task to learn! but i love watching a group play bachata, its beautiful. yes practice makes perfect, but i know nothing about a guitar except how to hold it....LOL thats about it....
i wonder if i can teach my soon to be born baby girl to be a bachatera? and play...that would be interesting! :)