Where to Put Them???

MeMeATL

Oct 6, 2006
Wanted to know what site my technoloogy-savvy friends recommend for storing and sharing pictures and/or videos.

It would be nice to have the option to add music and captions to a specific album also.

I have limited space on my PC, so all of my recent pics are living in my camera waiting to see who will be deleted next.:paranoid:

aross

Nov 15, 2007
Photos

Wanted to know what site my technoloogy-savvy friends recommend for storing and sharing pictures and/or videos.

It would be nice to have the option to add music and captions to a specific album also.

I have limited space on my PC, so all of my recent pics are living in my camera waiting to see who will be deleted next.:paranoid:

Try this site, works well with straight photos and may also be ok for what else you are looking for. Simple photos is all I need it for.

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
It would all depend. Another thing you could do is add another hard drive to your system and dedicate it to photos/music.

They are super cheap now and will alleviate issues with space.

As an amateur photographer I would rather store my photos in their full capacity on my own computer than on an external program out in cyberspace.

S

sokitoumi

or you could put them onto a disc ...I fnd it quite time consuming to put them onto a program like flickr although there is probably an easier way than the way I do it

you can fit a lot on a dvd disc

Reactions: Berzin

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008

Like someone said, you should store all your pics in an external hard drive and then back them up on a disc. To share with friends, I post all my pics on Facebook or Myspace and Kodakgallery (for the older family members that don't have accts on the social networking sites).

MeMeATL

Oct 6, 2006
Thanks for the advice. I am saving the info to discs until I get an external drive in Sept. (I didn't know these even existed)

1) Now I want to create photo albums and mini movies to share with friends and possibly have a link to post to a message borad.

I don't have a Myspace or Facebook acct.

Other posters have mentioned Flickr, Kodak, snapfish, Photobucket etc... I would appreciate any remarks regarging pros vs. cons with these sites or something similar.

S

sokitoumi

ive used photobucket and flickr- they seem to be very similar but I dont use it enough to properly evaluate it - i find it quite a long process to up load the pictures - you can edit in flickr and it resizes the pics automatically to one thats easier to post on here