Bldng 2nd level and expandng lower level-

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
hello everyone been busy haven't been on here in awhile. I was shopping 4 aptment in Santiago but decided it is better to build a second floor on the house . I realized that the house could only be rented for US300 i was expecting like 4-500us becuase it has 4 bedrooms and garage and that it would cover the mortgage if i purchased an apt. But if I build the second floor that would give me the 2nd US300 that would complete the $600 i need. The second floor is approximate 1800sf. If anyone can let me know about how much it would cost to build a second level or a estimate let me know . Please I know you probably will need specifics but I have pictures in case anyone wants to give me a ballpark figure . But this is not my specific question.

This is my question . The house is in a corner and it's in a commercial space , on the opposite side there is a pharmacy, clinc and colmado. The house was designed for a business @ the side of house which is used as a bedroom now but I want to convert it to a salon /barber shop this not to make alot of money just to make a little extra income it faces the street it was a school supply stationary store before do i need to have a permit for this or can it just be opened up without any questions. My budget is probally around 25000US . To build the second level , and extend the bedroom to convert and add more space for the salon on the first floor. If anyone is interested in pictures I will post them. I am going back there again in December for a few weeks this time 3-4 weeks

I am not looking to live down there but the extra income will provide for me to go down there more than twice a year or more often .