Apart-Hotel in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

ngc911

Jul 30, 2008
Does anyone have any links or information of current apartments or condos for rent in Puerto Plata? I am travelling in September for 17 days and require a place for 2 adults and toddler with cooking facilities. I am looking for any vacancies from Sept.19 to Oct.06/08 in Puerto Plata preferably. Thanks for your help and feedback.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Does anyone have any links or information of current apartments or condos for rent in Puerto Plata? I am travelling in September for 17 days and require a place for 2 adults and toddler with cooking facilities. I am looking for any vacancies from Sept.19 to Oct.06/08 in Puerto Plata preferably. Thanks for your help and feedback.

First a word of caution about language: Aparta-Hotels here in the Dominican Republic is a term generally referring to hourly hotels aka. Cabanas Turisticas (which has nothing to do with tourism).
You seem to look for what in the US is called an efficiency or here would probably be called a Studio.

As you may have come to realize, here are only few short and mid term rentals in Puerto Plata posted online. There may be a few others available but I think others may have more input to share about where to look.

You are however welcome to PM me and I will gladly share with you a few links to people running vacation studio operations. As I don't know them personally and thus do not wish to seem like I recommend or even endorse them, I prefer not to post them here.
Apparently you may calculate around USD 100.oo to 250.oo per week for an efficiency (studio with kitchenette).
Some of these properties are however not all to close to the beach nor the center of the city of Puerto Plata and you may have to consider budgeting for daily transportation costs.

I might also suggest not overlooking the fact that you are looking at a stay which may still be considered mid or low season and that thus, for 2 people you may surprise yourself at finding pretty good deals at an All Inclusive resort in Playa Dorada, Puerto Plata if you search for online special offers, which include food. That may not be what you are looking for, however they are on the beaches and close to town.

... J-D.

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
Costambar might be a good bet for ease of finding a short term rental in proximity to Puerta Plata. I have seen many places listed online in Costambar, an it is a short and inexpensive gua gua ride to the center of POP.

ngc911

Jul 30, 2008
Thanks everyone...

I`ve contacted Castillo Del Ambar and they are sitting at 1300 pesos as well as Lomar, which is at 1392 pesos. These rates are for double, per night.

Thanks again for all your help.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Thanks everyone...

I`ve contacted Castillo Del Ambar and they are sitting at 1300 pesos as well as Lomar, which is at 1392 pesos. These rates are for double, per night.

Thanks again for all your help.

If you stay over a week or two, you want to negotiate a weekly rate or a monthly rate, even if you stay less than a month, it may be cheaper.

... J-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.