Pregnancies and insurance

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
When filling out your insurance forms they remind you to be honest etc. In the DR does this mean that you will be turned down or pay a higher rate if you have had two miscarriages? How advanced is the system for tracking past health problems? Our situation is pretty much bad luck and wonder if we'll be looked at differently.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
As far as I am aware and I could be wrong... there are no pre existing health exclusions here and I am not aware that they actually do any form of underwriting. In other word same price whatever your past. When i took out health insurance there were no questions asked at all. Just give us the cash!!!

Matilda

cuas

May 29, 2006
I do not think there is any problem if you omit the miscarriages. The problem is if you get pregnant and you will need extra care for high risk pregnancy due to the miscarriages then they will find out that you lied.

Feb 7, 2007
There are exclusions of pre-existing conditions and they make you fill out the questionaire. At least Humano does. I know that from personal experience. I have pre-existing condition exclusion (past surgery). I don't know if it would be a good idea to lie about it because if it came to it they might void the insurance once they find out.

Reactions: Rocky

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
As far as I am aware and I could be wrong... there are no pre existing health exclusions here and I am not aware that they actually do any form of underwriting. In other word same price whatever your past. When i took out health insurance there were no questions asked at all. Just give us the cash!!!

Matilda

Which insurance do you have?

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Same for me i took out insurance with Humano and they asked no questions, The only thing i remember about pregnancy is that you have to have had the insurance for a period of six months or longer before becoming pregnant or the pregnancy is not covered, But i believe that is pretty standard throughout.

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
No i dont think that is right. I got my Human insurance last September and got pregnant in January and i have been covered with no problems.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Same for me i took out insurance with Humano and they asked no questions, The only thing i remember about pregnancy is that you have to have had the insurance for a period of six months or longer before becoming pregnant or the pregnancy is not covered, But i believe that is pretty standard throughout.

That's pretty standard across different coverages. They typically want 6 months...not that me and Mrs. RHM are planning....:)

RHM