Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: violence in boca chica

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default violence in boca chica

i just got off the phone with my friend who lives in san pedro de macoris and he tells me that its open season of foreigners in boca chica. says they're shooting at least one a week. says an italian was shot a killed just a few days ago. i'm going down there wednesday and would like to know. anybody else heard anything like this? t

Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Boca Chica has always been one of the more violent places in the country. But many of the shootings are related to drugs, prostitution or other types of crime. I would not go so far to say one foreigner a week. If you are going on holiday there and you are sensible then you should have no more problems than anywhere else.

matilda

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default boca chica

sorry to sound like an alarmist. have been to the dr many times with no trouble at all. just that my friend says there has been much more violence recently. was wondering if its a trend or just like anywhere else, crime happens everywhere. t

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by todobien View Post
    sorry to sound like an alarmist. have been to the dr many times with no trouble at all. just that my friend says there has been much more violence recently. was wondering if its a trend or just like anywhere else, crime happens everywhere. t
    All that been said rental prices in BC sound kinda strange. Recently on DR.1 it was quoted $2 000 - $ 1600 /month, one bedroom. Almost three (if not four) times higher than an average rent price in much safer and cleaner Sosua.

Anyone can suggest any explanation to this weird phenomenon?

I planned a trip with my guests to show them Carribean side, and had to cancel it because of unreasonable rent cost.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AK74 View Post
    All that been said rental prices in BC sound kinda strange. Recently on DR.1 it was quoted $2 000 - $ 1600 /month, one bedroom. Almost three (if not four) times higher than an average rent price in much safer and cleaner Sosua.

I planned a trip with my guests to show them Carribean side, and had to cancel it because of unreasonable rent cost.
    Boca Chica has just one big hotel and a few small ones but, the town is always full of tourists and semi-retired people living there for several months a year.
    There is probably a shortage of rooms and apartments for rent hence the high prices.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The End in BC

So the gist of these posts is that there seems to be a high demand in getting killed at Boca Chica.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by barbara.w. View Post
    So the gist of these posts is that there seems to be a high demand in getting killed at Boca Chica.

Thinks not. Each victim up to the last moment believes that it will be someone else. Not him. Somebody else.

But it will be him.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AK74 View Post

I can explain that. When the number of clients is going down the price is going up. This is to compensate for reduced income because of the decreasing number of clients. Example: Number of clients going down from 10 to 5 the price is going up from 500 to 1000, simple. This phenomenon is called Reverse Logic and is very common.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

when i visit boca chica the men are never my focus anyway. i never really hang down on calle duarte at night anyway. have some dinner, grab me a chica and i'm back at the el candil enjoying the moonlight on my balcony....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Caution

Boca Chica has deteriorated over the past 25 years, transforming itself into a depressed center for drugs, prostitution and what usually comes with that territory. The local street walkers are well aware of the allure that brings intl tourists to the local sex trade, and many of these tourists fall prey to what appears to be a very loose and liberal environment, unaware of the traps they will encounter and the risk they run in the process.
    Duped into "friendships" with locals that can set them up, they are unaware of the depths of desperation in the DR, and how this transfers into violence and eventually at times the ultimate price. It is a dangerous place- that is a fact. Tourism is better served on the east coast, in well guarded and protected resorts and other more quiet towns. This said, the risks are everywhere, and tourists must understand that while the Dominican people are wonderful and friendly, there is an element that is the bottom of the ladder that tends to flock to Boca Chica.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast