Laptops in Luperon

PinkLily

Aug 25, 2008
Hello all

Firstly HEllO! I'm new to the forum but though it a good idea to join as I'm hoping to be moving to Luperon fairly soon. I know its small and not quite Cabarete or Sosua, but I like it there!

Anyway, I wanted to ask about Laptops and PC's. I need to be on the internet there and knowing how bad and unpredictable the mobile signal can be there, I was wondering of anyone knew if laptops would work there or whether i needed to get a PC. Also, does anyone know if its expensive to buy PC's / laptops there and can you get them in English? I'm just not fluent enough yet in Spanish, but I'm learning!

OK.....time to sshhh as I'm wafling now!

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
There is no difference in the way a laptop works and what you're calling a PC. A laptop using Windows as an operating system would be called a PC as well.

Assuming you will be using Windows as an operating system many languages are built into the operating system and can be set to whichever you prefer.

If you're going with a laptop buy it wherever you are now and bring it with you,. It will most likely be less expensive.

PinkLily

Aug 25, 2008
hhmm....can you tell i don't know much about PC's other than playing solitaire? ha ha!

Thanks for the advise. I will look into getting one here.

S

sokitoumi

id bring one with you (laptop)as they are pretty expensive here for something thats not as good as you could afford at home...laptops acn be used in the same way as a computer regarding the connections- do you know what sort of connection is available in your area- we find codetel telephone line is a good option