Slipping out the back door.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It would seem that there's no such thing, at least not for me.
Yes I retired.
No it wasn't a result of the point system change.
Yes, I am tired and want more spare time for myself and biz.
No I'm not angry with anyone.
Yes I have had disagreements on certain issues.
No that is not the reason I retired.
Yes, I would prefer to go to a baseball game in the mountains,

WendyBaseballAug20-0824.jpg

WendyBaseballAug20-0836.jpg

WendyBaseballAug20-0845.jpg

than watching my white azz getting wider and flatter.

Yes I would rather be swimming/snorkeling in the bay,
IMG_3252.jpg

than wearing my fingertips off on my keyboard.

Yes, I would rather be at a Summer Pigfest with a bunch of crazy friends,
IMG_3259.jpg

IMG_3306.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3285.jpg

than telling one more newbie that her bo is a sanky.

Reactions: J D Sauser

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
A Legend has left the building!!!!

Please say it isn't true?

If so, good luck my friend!!!!;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Rocky, we miss you but I totally understand what you're saying about having more time to yourself and your biz.

We can still visit you and have ribs.

Wishing you the best.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And more stuff

Yes, I'd rather be flying the DR skies,

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3324.jpg

IMG_3348.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

IMG_3371.jpg

Than arguing with some mental midget sockpuppet.

It's been a slice.
I loved it all, met super friends, had gut busting laughs, learned a lot of stuff, but now it's back to living it up the DR way.
I've been getting lazy and out of shape.

Now that I'm retired (retarded for all of the black hearted stevies of the world) I get to do more in a week than I used to do in several months.

So there's no big dark secret and no wars.
I saw my chance and took it.
I've thought about doing it many times, but always remained committed, but if I hadn't retired, I'd be the one who needed to be committed.
Be well, all of you.
Special thanks to Chris, AnnaC, Robert & HB for the super work they've done.
Later...................

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
All the best and enjoy your 'retirement', Rocky. Show us that there is more to life than sitting behind a computer.

I may even join you one day. ;)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Please don't forget to stop by once in a while to tell us how you are.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Pardon me

If I was a bit short.
I've been battling a PC disaster here.
Yes, my PCs break down too.
Anyhow, after flying home lastnight, I found it seized up, no possibility of booting it up and no more music in the bar until something got done.
So I've been on this all morning and noticing emails asking me why and how and all that.
Frankly, my story just ain't all that interesting, but this can be considered the reply to all those who emailed and I haven't responded to yet.

Sorry I didn't mention you, El Tigre.
I know you've always done your part, silently in the background
There are way too many people to thank and way to many friends to mention.
Like I said, it's been a slice and now that the DR1 cop has retired, y'all make sure the freaks and weirdos don't take over,
DR1 rules.
Everybody know that.
Regards, Marco.

PS: Pardon me if I don't reply in this thread. I'm retired.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
What? oh no!!! no more ribs? now I'll never get to taste his ribs?
we'll miss you. Hasta luego Rocky.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
What? oh no!!! no more ribs? now I'll never get to taste his ribs?
we'll miss you. Hasta luego Rocky.
He has retired from DR1 M.A.R. not performing miracles in the kitchen!! Rocky's continues as before, probably better in that the proprietor can now spend a little more time with his clients (poor sods:cheeky::ermm::bunny:)

Rocky, I know you won't answer this as you are now in retirement but don't you think your computers are trying to tell you something????
"No Posting on DR1 & we'll seize up on you?"
"You go into retirement Rocky & then so will WE!!"

Think hard on how the elements & machinery will conspire against you!! ;)

Be Good & see you soon! ~ Grahame.

S

sokitoumi

pity the weather is so bad now for your retirement.Hope you enjoy whatever you are going to be doing in the future.
no lo compro

Feb 7, 2007
We'll miss you Rocky!!! I hope you will stop by the DR1 from time to time.

All the best to you in the future!

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I can recall that Marco and I had some disagreements about the topic of lynchings, but his arguments were always smart, respectful and never condescending. For that he gained my respect. He amassed helpful post's which I am sure many benefited from. He may be gone but his ribs stay. Good luck and enjoy life.:cheeky:

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Rocky,

It has truly been a privilege getting to know you through your posts, you have been kind, helpful, funny, outgoing as well as serious and sincere.
It's a sad day to have to say goodbye, so I wont...I hope that you will come around a grace us with your presence.

again thank you for all your posts, you are a wealth of knowledge and have tough us many things about DR, ones I will not take for granted!

Adios and God Bless!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Will miss the outrageous pics Rocky posted.

Can I have your library? lol

Enjoy your vacation!!!

I know you will be back;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
y'all make sure the freaks and weirdos don't take over

Horses and stable doors come to mind..................I jest, I jest :cheeky:. Actually I was thinking of suggesting a Forum called FORWARD - Freaks OR Weirdos And Really Deranged. Or maybe all the really weird posts should get moved to a subsection called Cuckoo's Corner?

Yes I retired.

But we still know where to find you! I won't say I'll miss you because we'll still be in touch. The board, however, & particularly some of the newer folk & those who have yet to join it will miss your wisdom accumulated over so many years here in DR.

See you Monday with that other 'retiree' you wanted to meet :) who should be landing about now.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
So you decided on early retirement, huh? Does that mean dr1 is paying you a pension so you can pay for your delicious looking baseball league and the flying and yachting and more pig roast?

Well, I wish you well on your retirement, I think you will enjoy the time off the computer... there are so many nice things in this country... and since you have awaken a brand new interest for baseball in me... heck, who knows... I might join you someday.

I'll miss your posts here, your wit, humor paired with your knowledge and occasional diplomacy ;).

I guess now, I'll have to pop up in Sosua more often.

Thanks for all you shared with us... I remember posts from long before I even came to live here.

... J-D.

A

apostropheman

Rocky,

You've been an inspiration to many here, and the DR1 guard dog, for many years and you've certainly earned your "retirement". I applaud you for being smart enough to know when to take the opportunity and enjoy life, especially since you live in the paradise, doing what many of us only dream about! ;)

It sure won't be, and hasn't been, the same without you but, as you've pointed out there are many others that will continue to assist newbies, answer questions, lookout for the troublemakers and generally assist DR1 to continue to be an excellent resource...and fun place to hangout.

It's not like you've abandoned us, so go and enjoy paradise, quilt free, and drop in once in a while to bless us with more wonderful stories and fantastic pics! :bunny::bunny:

I won't say "adios" but "see you soon" instead :D
Yes, I'd rather be flying the DR skies,
Than arguing with some mental midget sockpuppet.

It's been a slice.
I loved it all, met super friends, had gut busting laughs, learned a lot of stuff, but now it's back to living it up the DR way.
I've been getting lazy and out of shape.

Now that I'm retired (retarded for all of the black hearted stevies of the world) I get to do more in a week than I used to do in several months.

So there's no big dark secret and no wars.
I saw my chance and took it.
I've thought about doing it many times, but always remained committed, but if I hadn't retired, I'd be the one who needed to be committed.
Be well, all of you.
Special thanks to Chris, AnnaC, Robert & HB for the super work they've done.
Later...................

If I was a bit short.
I've been battling a PC disaster here.
Yes, my PCs break down too.
Anyhow, after flying home lastnight, I found it seized up, no possibility of booting it up and no more music in the bar until something got done.
So I've been on this all morning and noticing emails asking me why and how and all that.
Frankly, my story just ain't all that interesting, but this can be considered the reply to all those who emailed and I haven't responded to yet.

Sorry I didn't mention you, El Tigre.
I know you've always done your part, silently in the background
There are way too many people to thank and way to many friends to mention.
Like I said, it's been a slice and now that the DR1 cop has retired, y'all make sure the freaks and weirdos don't take over,
DR1 rules.
Everybody know that.
Regards, Marco.

PS: Pardon me if I don't reply in this thread. I'm retired.

Reactions: AlaninDR and Lapurr