Three Riu's in Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpires315

Jan 29, 2008
I am coming back to the DR for the second year of many more and want to try a new area. In PP there is the Riu Bachata, Riu Merengue & Riu Mambo. Vacationers can use the amenities and eat at any one of the three if they are booked at one. Could someone tell me which one is in the middle.
Thank You

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The Riu Merengue is in the middle of the resort complex and it is considered the medium priced hotel of the three. The Bachata is perceived as the most expensive.

All three hotels share a long beach on the Bahia de Maimon.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I've stayed at The Mambo which is to the left, but it's where the beach and the disco (club) is. I would stay at the cheapest one you can find as they are all pretty much the same and you can use the facilities of all three with no problem.

S

sokitoumi

....but they are sort of positioned out on their own - not really that close to puerto plata- thats one of the downsides, if you wanted to venture out

tpires315

Jan 29, 2008
Thank You

Thanks for all the help everyone has offered. We are hooked on the DR and plan on returning each year.
Thanks again

EnclineDesigns

Aug 21, 2007
web.mac.com
....but they are sort of positioned out on their own - not really that close to puerto plata- thats one of the downsides, if you wanted to venture out

You are correct about being positioned out. One attraction that's not too far from the Riu resorts is the 27 waterfalls, which I highly recommend visiting. Sending you to the 27 Charcos!!! It's worth the money and they are absolutely gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies.