Question about the process to Canada..Vintage's process from start to visa issued

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
Hello Everyone i am new to the site and forum and find it very interesting.
I was married Dec 29 in the dominican to a dominican man
i sent the application to canada it was
received on
Feb 26 received by mississauga office
march 18 approved as a sponser
march 18 sent to haiti
may9 -in process in haiti

we have not received one word from haiti and no emails or phone calls either
our emails have beeen ignored
on sept 18 it will be 6 months waiting
we dont have a b file number only the client number
canada when called tells us nothing

i am concerned as several friends have told me they are asking for original marriage certificates
i am thinking of sending before they ask

i miss my husband so much and i understand ur pain in the waiting process

look forward to hearing from some of you

vintage

Johana

May 24, 2006
Vintage,

my husband received a letter requesting an original marriage certificate and a copy of his birth certificate. The letter was dated April 22nd. They started processing his application in Haiti Jan 31st. So it took almost 4 months to send out that letter. I know several other's spouses received similar requests around that time. Based on your timeline they had not started processing your husband's application yet.

I know it is very difficult to wait with no information and it is hard not to worry that there may be a problem. If you read through these forums you will find that Haiti works very slowly.

My husband and I had sent requests to Haiti that were ignored. Their website even states that they may ignore your request. Do not take this as a negative sign regarding your application.

Personally, I would not send them anything that they do not request. Even if you did send in certain original documents I don't think it would prevent them from requesting something else. Also, those letters were all sent out to the applicants not the sponsors. If you want to be proactive I would suggest that your husband have a marriage certificate and/or birth certificate ready to send in should he receive such a letter.

Unfortunately, other than that it is just waiting. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear - but the people on this forum that have recently been through and are currently going through the process are very supportive and if nothing else you have found a wonderful group of people that can empathize with your situation.

My husband just picked up his Visa last week so if you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Jo-Anne

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
thanks for the nice response
that may be an idea to have one on hand[marriage certificate]that is
when they send letters do they email the letter or send to the address of my husband
i didnt even think there postal system is adequate
i would worry he would not receive it

anyhow thatns for ur kind note
and you lucky girl you must be exited now
what was your timeline looks like most people without problems are 8 months

Johana

May 24, 2006
Vintage,

I know several people received mailed letters. My husband lives in Puerto Plata - the letter was dated April 22 and he received it May 5.

Lexi's husband did receive an email requesting additional documents. Again, very frustrating because you don't even know how they will decide to communicate with your husband.

Yes I'm getting excited lol but I'm also moving this weekend and just trying to get through that first. Plus I'm so detail oriented that I keep thinking of all the information that my husband needs to bring and get translated lol.

I have my timeline to date in my thread "My husband got the call". As soon as he lands in Canada I will complete it and add it to the sticky thread.

I applied in Nov 21/07 and he picked up his Visa Aug 20/08 so that is 9 months from beginning to end.

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
wow how exiting
im just over here painting and trying to freshen things up for him.
this waiting game is tense.
i just came back aug 16 i was there two months with him
but now i have to get back to work
one question
i only paid half the fee so far
do you think it is a good idea to pay the rest now
as of sept 18 it will be 6 months waiting.
do you think its feasable to expect him by dec

thanks for responding
vintage

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
i just found something i never saw before about timelines
i saw it on the canadian immigration site under true or false section

here it is

Citizenship and Immigration Canada

True or False?
The wait time for some categories of immigrants is shorter than for others.True or False - Times

This is true:

Wait times are much shorter in other categories. For instance, the wait time for people seeking to join their spouse or partner in Canada is generally eight months for the entire process, from the submission of the application until the ultimate decision. For refugees who receive federal financial assistance, the wait time is generally 16 months or less. For immigrants nominated by the provinces, it is generally 12 months or less.

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hi Vintage,

to respond to your earlier question regarding the fees. I know it states that if you do not pay for the Visa upfront that there will be at least a 2 month delay. Haiti does not need any help in the delays department.
I would say yes it would be a good idea to pay for the visa before they request it. I'm sure you would hate to be near the end of the process and have a 2 or 3 month delay added on. :)

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
i was told it makes no difference ,that there was no more waiting Time.Immigration told me that on the Canadian side.She said they will send you a letter requesting the rest when they are ready to issue the visa.
but yes i think its a good idea to pay all before. and yes i want to get it done fast.
i dont remember seeing anywhere where it said you had to wait an additional two months if you dont pay it all upfront

but thanks for the tip ,i gather your right.

Vintage

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I called the CIC call center yesterday to be sure all of our documents had been sent to Port au Prince.

I also only paid the first half and will be paying the rest in the next week or so.

I asked the agent where to send the proof of payment receipt & she said it should be sent to the Mississauga office and they will scan it into their electronic system.

She told me that Haiti will have the information instantly so their shouldn't be any delays.

I would assume if you wait until you have been approved or to recieve a written request to make the final payment that you will definitely experience a delay because they won't issue the visa without proof of payment and it can take a couple of weeks for those letters to arrive.

I don't think it is necessary to pay it all upfront but definitely don't wait to the end.

Sangria

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
Johanna i just read the article and never saw that before.
wow i better get this paid rapido
thanks girl

Vintage

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
omg im very worried now
noone told me there would be a two month delay if i didnt pay it all uppront
the call centre told me there was no delay
i am thoroughly ****ed off now.
here i am waiting patiently now this
do you think if i pay it immedietly i will still have an additional two months to wait?
this is all i neeed right now

vintage

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
try not to stress....there is nothing you can do at this point except pay as soon as possible & hope for the best.

it is frustrating but im sure everything will work out fine

Johana

May 24, 2006
Hey Vintage,

I think as Sangria mentioned as long as you pay for the Visa before they are ready to issue the Visa then there shouldn't be a delay. But definitely if you wait for Haiti to contact you that they are ready to issue the Visa then I believe you will be waiting.

After you pay for the Visa I would suggest that you email Haiti through their website (case specific enquiry) and tell them that you have paid and give them the confirmation you receive when you pay it (if you do it online you get an instant confirmation) and ask for Haiti to confirm that all fees have been paid. But try not to get too worried if they do not respond to you :)

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
thanks girls
i paid it today
and sent it registed the receipt that is

i will email haiti in one week to make sure they reeived it

thanks girls

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
yeah its a waiting game now.
They started processing in Haiti on May 9 so it will be four months waiting sept 9..Im hoping to hear something soon about an interview or anything would be good
and im happy i paid it
less stress

Vintage

Aug 26, 2008
Hey Johana
do you think i should hear something soon regarding
any info

im confused at what time the time line starts

i dont know if i should count from when canada started processing
or when haiti started processing

march 18 is the canada date
and may 9 is the haiti date