Sparky's Summer Pigfest

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Rocky has passed the picture posting torch to me (God help us all!) I will never be able to come anywhere CLOSE to providing you with the entertainment he did....but I will try my best!

I thought there couldn't be a better event to post pictures of on my first try than "Sparky's Summer Pigfest".

Curt, Sandi, Alan & I started the day with an innocent boat ride to Sosua Bay.

P8230004.jpg

We were then joined by a few "drifters" - Kevin & Marco

P8230008.jpg

Not long after that we were joined by Ted and the lovely Monica - who, by the way makes a MEAN drink with whatever that stuff in the bottle is!:cheeky:

P8240052.jpg

We MAY have enjoyed a few beverages...

P8240051-a.jpg

P8240059-a.jpg

We ended up with a bunch of great people on the boat - everyone enjoying a great day with refreshing beverages, on the water, in the sun, snorkeling, swimming and scuba diving!

After spending that much time in the sun - FOOD is always a good idea! So off to Rocky's we go for THE BEST roast pork any of us have ever tasted!

IMG_3292.jpg

IMG_3307.jpg

A big shout out to Whirlybird and Charley for preparing that tasty little piggy! Sure do wish you could have made it to the party so we could thank you in person!

It was a great party with many in attendance...

IMG_3300.jpg

Reactions: AlaninDR

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Some of the famous faces....

The guy who is responsible for all this.....AlaninDR

IMG_1683.jpg

Milka

IMG_1660.jpg

Bartender Ted (amigoted)

IMG_1663.jpg

Rick (Dafishguy), Michele & Virginia

IMG_1668.jpg

Brad (BradM)- who swears he doesn't have a job!!:cheeky:

IMG_1670.jpg

Andy & Patricia (aross)

IMG_1671.jpg

Ted & Monica

IMG_1676.jpg

Curt

IMG_1681.jpg

Barahona Marco & Sandi

IMG_1672.jpg

J D Sauser and the cutest little girl ever!

IMG_1736.jpg

A

apostropheman

OUTSTANDING!!!

Damn I wish I was there!!! ;):cheeky::bunny::bunny:

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
And of course....we can't forget Marco!!

IMG_1674.jpg

Not only did we have an excellent day....but we also started a new tradition!! Clothes Swapping!!!

Sandi wanted Alan's shirt....

IMG_1689.jpg

So that meant....Alan got Sandi's shirt!

IMG_1699.jpg

Add a little padding...

IMG_3283.jpg

Sandi & I "Showin' the Love"....he DID, afterall supply the food!

IMG_3287.jpg

Everyone wanted a piece of him!!

IMG_3298.jpg

It was a great day, with great friends and great food! What more could you ask for!?

Reactions: BlueLodge

BlueLodge

Dec 28, 2005
I feel I have been violated in the worst possible way, not being able to attend. Having a job really sucks at time. A few people in the pictures I've never met, but the ones I have are awesome individuals. Having traveled all over the world, lived and worked in many places, you guys are the best bar none. And you sure know how to enjoy life.
Any leftovers?

Reactions: AlaninDR

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I feel I have been violated in the worst possible way, not being able to attend.

You are quite lucky Sparky or his Squealer did not violate you in Deliverance fashion!

I hope to attend the next Pigfest.

tambo'

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I feel I have been violated in the worst possible way, not being able to attend. Having a job really sucks at time. A few people in the pictures I've never met, but the ones I have are awesome individuals. Having traveled all over the world, lived and worked in many places, you guys are the best bar none. And you sure know how to enjoy life.
Any leftovers?

You should really come here more often so you can meet wonderful people and enjoy similar experiences.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dammit, I am coming along on the next boat ride. Please PM me your numbers.
AZB

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The pig roast was outstanding and it was nice to have been invited by somebody I did not really know and on top of it, being allowed to bring "someone" along and get to know other people who share our love for this country.

Thanks again Alan et all!

... J-D.

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
Being I wasn't even invited, Sparky and Sue are planning another pig roast sometime in early November to welcome me back to the DR.

Oh I forgot to mention, Curt and Sandy are hosting the event.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Glad everyone enjoyed the piggy we provided and we are very sorry that we were unable to attend what looks to be a great festivity - hopefully next time we will be 100% fit and well and would love to join in and meet everyone and get together with old friends too.