good plastic surgeon in Dominican Republic

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Some of the links in the mentioned (old) thread are outdated.

The following is the result of a fairly recent (2008) internet search.
These are NOT recommendations... just a list of surgeons and clinics offering plastic surgery.

1-Sociedad Dominicana de Cirujia Plastica
SDQ-CLINICAS-Centro de Cirujia Plastica y Especialidades Santo Domingo
SDQ-CLINICAS-Centro de Cirujia Plastica y Especialidades Santo Domingo (CECIP)
SDQ-CLINICAS-Plasti Center
SDQ-CLINICAS-Vip Lase Clinic
SDQ-Dr. Adolfo SESTO Alvarez Builla
SDQ-Dr. Alejandro H. PIZZOGLIO
SDQ-Dr. Andres NIEVES
SDQ-Dr. Anicelo RODRIGUEZ Delgado
SDQ-Dr. Asmin Abel AQUINO
SDQ-Dr. Hector A. HERRAND
SDQ-Dr. Jose Anibal HUNGRIA
SDQ-Dr. Jos? Lu?s ENCARNACION Bautista
SDQ-Dr. Luis E. GONZALEZ Valdez
SDQ-Dr. Luis HOLGUIN
SDQ-Dr. Luis Lopez TALLAJ
SDQ-Dr. Ramon MORALES Pumarol
SDQ-Dr. Roberto GUERRERO
SDQ-Dr. Ruben CARASCO
SDQ-Dra. Katherine FELIZ Camilo
SDQ-Dra. Yvelise BELLO
STI-Dr. Luis Lopez TALLAJ
STI-Dr. Nelson RUBIO
STI-Dr. Nelson RUBIO-ASAPS

I do not claim this list to list ALL surgeons and clinics offering plastic surgery and I would welcome any additions.

Choosing a plastic surgeon is a very personal issue and in my opinion one should try to personally meet as many patients as possible. Plastic surgery is not only about medicine and science but about taste(s) too. Plastic surgeons are in some way artists and as with all arts, there are different perceptions as to what one will find beautiful, nice, pretty or acceptable.

In NO way this list is meant to answer the OP's question as to which ones are the GOOD plastic surgeons.

... J-D.

P11CAT

Mar 19, 2007
thanks v much,does anyone know Dr Roberto Guerro`s email have logged onto his website but not working in english

Huiedee

Nov 29, 2008
Plastic Surgeon

I am seeking anyone with recent information on a plastic surgeon in DR for referral. I am researching both Dr. Mario Hernandez and Alejandro Hernandez... anyone has surgery with anyone of them? I am doing a breast implant, butt lift , liposculpture or tummy tuck ( have not decided on that yet). Need your help email me at huiedee@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I am seeking anyone with recent information on a plastic surgeon in DR for referral. I am researching both Dr. Mario Hernandez and Alejandro Hernandez... anyone has surgery with anyone of them? I am doing a breast implant, butt lift , liposculpture or tummy tuck ( have not decided on that yet). Need your help email me at huiedee@yahoo.com. Thanks.

First of all, if you need someone to send you information I would suggest communicating via pm.

It is safer for you-you may wind up getting spam and all manner of unwanted emails if you post your email on a public forum.

The other thing is, for plastic surgery in a third world country, there really is nothing to gain from soliciting anonymous recommendations.

If I were you I would travel to the island and get together with expats who have some sort of ties with the medial profession, either through professional or social circles.

There is no substitute for meeting these doctors in person and having real people vouch for them. This way you can also do the consultation and inquire on the total cost all at once.

There is a definite catch-22 with your situation. The surgery will be less expensive, but you will need to cover more bases.

1) Definitely DO NOT go alone. Bring someone with you who will look out for you while you recover, someone who is fluent in spanish.

2) Have access to a good clinic/hospital close by just in case of any complications arising from post-op care.

3) Arrange for a competent nurse to be at your side whenever you may need her.

4) Having a network of people you can rely on who live there, either natives or expats, is invaluable in case anything should arise. If you feel this is important DR1 is the best place to make those connections.

Good luck in your search.

kirb01

Sep 12, 2009
mario hernandez

I had surgery with Mario Hernandez in the summer of 2008. He is very articulate but his medical and overall professional skills are lacking. My story is rather long but in short Mario botched my body lift (I had sagging skin from weight loss), his clinic is less than sanitary (but I only learned that when it was too late), I ended up with a really bad Staph infection 6 days post surgery and that kept me in DR for 2 months, Mario was unable to treat the infection properly and I had to find different doctors and my own medicine. His "medical" staff, which are really relatives did not attend any kind of school (I learned this after the surgery) and lastly, my scars opened 4 months post surgery, 5 months post the Staph was back (but luckily I was already back in the USofA and it was treated quickly and properly). Mario's rates are cheap but that explains why he is sloppy, I would not recommend him.

His positives are that he is articulate, funny, respectful and his wife (who runs the place) is a great being. He would make for a great publicist or public speaker but NOT surgery.

My problems from Mario's surgery are being fixed in NY by a doctor whom I am convinced is either perfect or magician!!! I go for my second out of three revisions next week. The trip to see Mario cost me a lot pain, agony and extra expenses since I did not plan for a 2 month stay (the infection kept me there an additional 6 weeks). The prices in the States are high and in my case they are very high. I now understand why American Doctors ask many questions, request tons of test, have you sign tons of waivers, etc., it is the price of good medicine. The benefit of medical tourism is the surgeon's ability to quickly schedule you in with little questions asked and for a much lower cost (you think), it is not worth it. You get what you pay for.

carioca55

Sep 15, 2009
Yes, Dr.s Reyes and Leyva, husband and wife team, excellent DRs in PP. I had a tummy tuck done last year, and a tigh lift 10 days ago.