Teeth Whitening in the DR

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
After putting up with a few years of kidding from my wife and daughters about the color of my teeth (something like, "papi, your teeth look like corn!) it had been on my mind to have a teeth whitening done; so when I heard that they were offering a free teeth whitening here in cibao I jumped at the chance. This was courtesy of Dental Cibao in Moca. There are other offices in the cibao region as well.

On the day of my appointment, I needed to have a teeth cleaning done even though I just had one a year before. Apparently all of the platano I'm eating now must be gumming up my teeth, jeje. Anyway, the young dentist who did this treatment was very pleasant and professional and attractive to boot.

As for the teeth whitening, Dr. Rojas personally explained to me the process of the whitening and the procedure. It turns out the whitening system is the ZOOM system which is widely used in the US. Dr. Rojas was very friendly and professional as well. He did explain that there would be some discomfort, as is normal for the procedure (a total of three 20 min. "treatments") and that there would be some slight bleeding of the gums for a short period. Now as I just had a normal teeth cleaning a few minutes beforehand, I would say it is maybe a little bit more discomforting. Also, the process consists of the three treatments in the dental office and six treatment to be done at home once a day for an hour. To that extent, Dr. Rojas made a custom mold of my teeth to put the teeth cleaning gel into. Finally, the office at the Moca location was very nice, clean and comfortable and the employees were very attentive to all who entered - they definitely know a thing a two about customer service and the speak English to boot.

Immediately after the initial treatment the results were quite noticeable. Even more so after the six days of additional treatments. All I can say is that I'm immensely impressed and happy to have white teeth again. See picture belows of before and after and one of me sitting in the dental chair. The cost will run you RD18k.

30vnehh.jpg

1267ome.jpg

dd0wh0.jpg

Reactions: Berzin

ohmmmm

Bronze
Jun 11, 2010
Cost?

Does anyone know if there is a dentist on the North Coast that does it?

Thank you,

Jim

Kozy

Jun 1, 2002
I would also like to know if this service is available on the north coast. Thanks K

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I dont think its a very healthy process for your teeth, I had mine done a while ago it ruined the enamel and now they are more prone to staining, be interested to know how the ops lasted

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I would also like to know if this service is available on the north coast. Thanks K

Yes in Puerto Plata with one of the best dentist I've had in yrs. He also speaks English if that is an issue for you.
Dr Fredy E Lepe, Calle Duarte #75 esq Villanueva, Pto Pta (809 586 6666).

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
~Nice Chompers Chip~ What a difference after the first treatment, you can really tell the difference.

....just had mine completed in the US..however not with the Zoom method but similiar...I did not get the white white results that I was hoping for,and my teeth are still rather sensitive to hot and cold, nonetheless they are still whiter then they were. Still cost me a pretty penny though..

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Any body has experience with the Dental Clinic in Cabarete? I go to another dentist in Sosua for a full set of new teeth but he doesn't do whitening. Since I have six upper front crowns who are still in perfect condition after 25 years, the other teeth are matched to their color but I do want them all to be a little bit whiter after the work is finished.

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Whitening does not work on crowns or implants as far as I know.

Dilemma then haha
Do I nearly match my new teeth to the existing crowns and then let the old crowns been polished (not whitening) or do I go for new whiter teeth and replace the old crowns also with new whiter ones.

hmmm...

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Dilemma then haha
Do I nearly match my new teeth to the existing crowns and then let the old crowns been polished (not whitening) or do I go for new whiter teeth and replace the old crowns also with new whiter ones.

hmmm...

~I had a crown installed ahead of the whitening in a shade that they hoped would match my whitening. I also have a filling in one of my front teeth that they told me to wait until after my whitening to have re-done to match once whitening is completed~

~I have a previous crown, that will not whiten, however its in the back and noone can see that....:sleep:

Zarren

Nov 29, 2011
Dentists call this extrinsic staining. However, whitening toothpaste and professional dental cleanings will not change the color or intrinsic staining of the teeth. That is why tooth whitening/ tooth bleaching is so popular.

May 29, 2006
Just get a bottle of that Guatepanal(?) at any pharmacy. Use about a teaspoon at a time. Strong stuff with peroxide(?) and some local ingredient. Works great and your teeth will never feel as clean. It's suppose to be good if you have an abscess as well. I wish I could get the stuff in the States.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Yes in Puerto Plata with one of the best dentist I've had in yrs. He also speaks English if that is an issue for you.
Dr Fredy E Lepe, Calle Duarte #75 esq Villanueva, Pto Pta (809 586 6666).
Nothing to it. For all you people looking for a business opportunity, just buy/rent the equipment and set up shop. Several beauty salons in Canada have it.