Colonial or Banreservas for car insurance?

Feb 7, 2007
I have to make a decision by 3pm today whether to chose Colonial Seguros or Banreservas Seguros for my comprehensive car insuarnce.

Both cost practically the same and have the same coverage.

I need to hear your positive/negative experiences with either of the two companies to help me make my decision.

Thanks a lot in advance to everybody that will post.

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
My wife is with Colonial since 10 years, had some small damage twice and they paid immidiatly.
I changed to them about 2 years ago, because my previous insurer Universal increased my yearly insurance by 20% even the car was a year older without a reasonable explanation.
By changing to Colonial I got rid of the corredor and saved 35% in half a day.
No complains since.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Just make sure you take PHOTOS from EVERY ANGLE of your car and include those with your application.
Otherwise, you might find that your claim will be denied. That happened to me.

Texas Bill

Feb 7, 2007
I had to make the decision on Friday and went with Banreservas after a talk with the agent. The agent is Franco & Acra Tecniseguros.

I was attended very well by Paola (thanks to Robert for allowing me to use him as a reference).

On Friday morning I scanned matricula and passport and sent it over to Santo Domingo by email and later that afternoon went for the inspection of the vehicle (exterior and interior) to their new Punta Cana office. I was their first client there, they are officially opening on Monday. They faxed the inspection sheet to SD and in less than 30 minutes I had the coverage. And that is without even paying one peso yet. The payment is done for 25% in 10 days with additional 3 equal monthly payments interest-free.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Glad everything worked out. Franco & Acra in my opinion are one of the best brokerage firms in the DR. I have never had a problem and they have always been VERY professional.