Sosua to Las Americas

CanadianGurl

Mar 21, 2006
Can anyone recommend the best way to get to Las Americas..i would prefer the metro bus if I take the bus.....i fly out at 7:30pm tomorrow night ...and what woudl a taxi cost??

Thanks for the help

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
You could take the 10:20 am Metro Bus from Sosua to SD then telephone Apolo Taxi 809-537-0000. I don't know the rate to Las Americas but they'll be less expensive than the taxi's that hang around the bus station.

A

apostropheman

There is a Metro Bus stop/ticket counter beside the farmacia near the Texaco at the Corner of the autopista and Calle Dr. Rosen in Sosua.

IIRC there are only about 4 departure times daily:

8:20 am
10:20 am
1:20 pm
5:50 pm

Since it at least a 3.5 hour ride (more like 4 hours) to the main Metro terminal in Santo Domingo and another 30-45 minutes taxi ride to the airport I'd count on 5 hours total time one way. If you want to arrive a minimum of 2 hours before your flight you'd have to leave 7 or more hours early from Sosua making the 10:20 am bus the last possible option. It might not hurt to consider the earlier bus incase there is a shortage of seats although you can prepay for the later bus at the office in Sosua.

I believe the bus is currently about 300 pesos oneway to SD and a taxi from the SD bus treminal to the airport should be between $30 and 40 USD. Total time 5+ hours and total cost $40 to 50 USD.

Metro Servicios Turisticos

Last edited:
A

apostropheman

For Caribe Tours you'd have to add the time and cost for transport from Sosua to Los Charamicos.

Caribe Tours C. Por A.

The buses leave at:

5:15 am
6:20
7:20
8:20
9:20
10:20
11:20 am
12:20 pm
1:20
2:20
3:30
5:20 pm

A

apostropheman

I would guess (I may be a bit off on some of the costs but I believe I'm close enough to make a valid comparison..) that a taxi from Sosua to SDQ would be approaching the $200 USD range as it's around $80-90 USD to STI in Santiago, perhaps more now with the increased gas costs. I don't think the time savings would be too significant and the cost would be substantially more.

Please let us know what you decide to do and your actual costs as well as the time it took. Thanks.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I would guess (I may be a bit off on some of the costs but I believe I'm close enough to make a valid comparison..) that a taxi from Sosua to SDQ would be approaching the $200 USD range as it's around $80-90 USD to STI in Santiago, perhaps more now with the increased gas costs. I don't think the time savings would be too significant and the cost would be substantially more.

Please let us know what you decide to do and your actual costs as well as the time it took. Thanks.

Yes you are right, the taxi rate from Sosua to SDQ is about US. $ 200. five months ago it was $ 170.

JJ.

A

apostropheman

Thanks JJ!

As long as it's accurate it might be helpful...and that's what it's all about :D
Yes you are right, the taxi rate from Sosua to SDQ is about US. $ 200. five months ago it was $ 170.

JJ.