Have you seen or been offered this German Shepherd bitch?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
2jeuzd0.jpg

Missy went missing on Wednesday. In 2.5 years of living here she has never been out of our compound except with us or on a lead. Whilst we were away at the hospital in Puerto Plata on Wednesday, she mysteriously disappeared but we find it hard to believe that she may have got out unaided as all our other dogs were safe and here on our return. We, along with our workers, have scoured the countryside in and around our finca and she has not been seen or sighted anywhere which gives reason to believe that she has perhaps been 'taken'.

We have had Missy since she was a 10 week old pup and brought her here with us from the UK in June 2006. She is very precious to us and we are offering a reward for her safe return.

Please help us find her.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I assume that the 123 people who have already read this thread have nothing to say about seeing or being offered Missy.... does anyone out there have any ideas of how we may be able to track her down - is there any value in going to our local police do you think?

shellygirl327

Jun 18, 2004
I don't know how much the police could help in this situation. Perhaps you can make fliers with her pic and perhaps offer a reward - that might motivate people to help find her. Sad but true.

I hope you find her!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I don't know how much the police could help in this situation. Perhaps you can make fliers with her pic and perhaps offer a reward - that might motivate people to help find her. Sad but true.

I hope you find her!

Thank you. We have posters up, including her photo, and we are offering a reward. I just hope that no-one has done her any harm or caused her any pain.

Last edited:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Thank you. We have posters up, including her photo, and we are offering a reward. I just hope that no-one has done her any harm or caused her any pain.

Wow shirley so sorry to hear this, best of luck in your search.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
I assume that the 123 people who have already read this thread have nothing to say about seeing or being offered Missy.... does anyone out there have any ideas of how we may be able to track her down - is there any value in going to our local police do you think?

Your dog could possibly be with someone that knew that you had her, and therefore is still close to you. If you can do any thing that can provoke a vocal reaction from her then do it, and continue to do it, all the while listening. If not then continue to just wander the streets calling her, just to let her know that you have not forgotten her. My landlord in Santo Domingo lost a dog and after a year or more he (the dog) came back trailing a broken tether. If you let her know that you're still looking, she's more likely to take advantage of any opportunities for escape, and it might also make the possesion of your dog much less advantageous to whoever stole her. No guarantees, but that is all I can think of. I don't know what the local police would do, but if they made a record of your call it would better for you to have made it, in the event that your dog came back and an ownership issue ensued.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Also have someone visit every vet in the area & beyond & request permission to put a poster in their offices - this will inform dog lovers & it'll probably be someone attuned to animals who spots her. Tell each vet distinguishing characteristics which only a vet might spot if doing an examination (ID chip for example).

The only way I can think of getting police interested would be to say she was a fully trained UK police dog & you'll donate her next puppy to the police station to help them..................

If you think she was stolen & taken away by car then it would have to be someone not scared of German Shepherd's - a lot of locals are afraid of unknown dogs particularly a breed like this. So, don't forget to look in gringo communities as well particularly people who also have the same breed.

If she was stolen, whirley, it'll be for a purpose i.e. guard dog so, no, they wouldn't harm her.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I hope you locate your dog. German Shepards are smart dogs so if she escaped one would think she would return for dinner.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I hope you locate your dog. German Shepards are smart dogs so if she escaped one would think she would return for dinner.

Our thinking exactly unless, for some reason, she was unable to......

Last edited:

dominicanrep

Apr 20, 2007
You could contact an animal communicator who will get in touch with Missy telepathically. An animal communicator can help find lost pets. Sounds unbelievable but it's true. Here are some animal communicators I found at google:

Animal Communicator, Pet Psychic Hilary Renaissance finds lost pets, helps animals improve behavior, increases communication between you and your animal friend

Charlene Boyd: Animal Communicator | Consultations

Animal Communication and Rescue: Find / Rescue Your Lost Pet, Correct Pet Behavior, Help Your Dog, Cat, Horse Win at Shows

Good luck!

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Sad

That is awful that Missy has gone missing WB I am so sorry she is a lovely dog. I dont think she would have wandered off, Alsatians, especially bitches are usually clued to home Knowing where you live I think it would be difficult for anyone to get into your property to steal her. Therefore I think you should look closer to home if you get my meaning!! Or she might have gone exploring on your huge property and got stuck somewhere. She will be easy to spot for those of us on the lookout. She is so beautiful. I hope she returns safely. Ill call the Major tomorrow and ask him to ask his men to be on the lookout for her.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
If she had been caught up anywhere she would have barked and would have been found especially due to the extensive search which has been undertaken. No-one in the villages close by have even sighted her ..... stange, eh? We have and are looking at all eventualities and, knowing that the Dominicans are nervous of these type of dogs anyway and that she is particuarly skittish and would not go near a stranger willingly, we are now considering the fact that she may have been doped and if she was, by whom?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Just to give this a bump, Missy is still missing so please could everyone look out for her. WB is going through a tough time right now her partner is in hospital, so if someone could find her dog Im sure this would help.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Just to give this a bump, Missy is still missing so please could everyone look out for her. WB is going through a tough time right now her partner is in hospital, so if someone could find her dog Im sure this would help.

To be a little more accurate, this is Charlie's dog, and he has had her since she was 10 weeks old and we brought her here with us from the UK along with 4 other dogs of ours. His oldest GSD had to be put down last October whilst I was still in the UK after the death of my 30 year old son. Charlie has been diagnosed with probable pleural tuberculosis plus pneumonia right now and he is obviously upset at the loss of Missy. Any help for her safe return will be welcome and rewarded. Thank you.

Aug 21, 2007
I am sad for you, for the dog, and for Charlie. Godspeed to you all, in hopes that the dog is found safe and Charlie has a rapid recovery.

Lindsey

Reactions: Rocky

Caz

May 15, 2004
Tonight we found a german shepherd bitch wandering on the main road in Sosua and took her to Judy's Pet Lodge. She looked not unlike Missey. I have sent Whirleybird an email but I don't know if she is in Santiago with Charlie or not. If anyone who has her phone number would be kind enough to ask her to check with Judy, or knows Missey well enough to be able to check on her behalf, I would be grateful.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
have called Whirleybird - she is calling Judy now. Whether it is Missy or not thanks Caz!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
To Caz - sadly the GSD bitch you so kindly took to Judy's is not our Missy. There was one possible sighting of her during the past week in Palo Amarillo area but more extensive searching by our workers has produced nothing. Tuli and Margo, also dog lovers, are as gutted as we are and have helped in every way whilst I have needed to be at the hospital with Charlie in Santiago.

To Matilda - thank you so much for making the phone call to me to contact Judy but, as she knows Missy, she knew it was not her.

Just as a mention to anyone else who may suspect that they have seen Missy and manage to "capture" her, she has been chipped so we are able to identify her.

We still live in hope of finding her.

platinos

Sep 5, 2008
lost dog

Good luck in finding your dog i am sure you will do not give up a reward will be very tempting to whoever knows of her wherabouts