Best place to vacation in the DR??

PersianPrincess1

Aug 20, 2008
I've been wanting to go with a couple of my best friends. I've already been to Santo Domingo with my ex boyfriend a couple of years ago to see his family there and stuff. I really liked it there, but this time I want to go to a resort just to like relax and party a little bit with my girls =P... Any suggestions?

AnonTraveler

Aug 6, 2008
gosh...no one has any suggestions...=(...that sucks

I think the best place to vacation in the Dominican Republic is the north coast. Santo Domingo is fine, Santiago is very nice as well, but the unspoiled character of the north coast is just so magical you really need to experience it before the developers all ruin it.

Cabarete - lots of parties, clubs, young people to hang out with. It gets my vote. Stay at Velero Beach Resort (Velero Beach Resort; Dominican Republic Luxury Vacation Resort Hotel & Condo Rentals), super clean and very safe.

Reactions: Bronxboy

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
If you really want to relax, be pampered, eat, drink, lounge on an incredible beach, go to one of the many all-inclusive resorts in Punta Cana...if you want a little more "action" and to meet some local people, and young people from all over the world, go to Cabarete...There is the Viva Wyndham Tangerine right in "town" and Superclubs Breezes a couple of miles outside of town (all-inclusives). The best non-AI resort/hotel in Cabarete is definitely The Velero, as mentioned above. El Magnifico, Villa Taina, and Cabarete Palm Beach Condos are also good options.

Denmay565

Dec 6, 2005
North Coast

Add me to the list of agreeing with David. My only other comment would be to recommend the Wyndham Tangerine over Breezes if you go the AI route but think that going to a non AI and enjoying all that Cabarete has to offer is the way to go.