Football (Soccer) in Santo Domingo

mcfcfan

Aug 29, 2008
Hi all
Been reading the forums for a few days now, very very insightful.
I will be moving to SD in December.
I am interested in playing football (soccer), ideally at veterans age group, both 5 a side and 11 a side.
I an also a qualified football referee and am interested in refreeing in the area.
Do you have any contacts please.
many thanks

british bulldog

Jan 21, 2006
I do not think your in luck,i have been in st domingo on and off for over 5 years and never seen a dominican play football.However back in feb 2008 while walking to a large park in mirador, i seen about 20 haitians playing football, friendly game but a bit harsh and rough ,just migrant workers having a kick around for fun;so goodluck

BF1

Dec 7, 2007
www.aplatanados.com
Italians

If you don't mind play with italians :cheeky:, I know they use to play on saturndays at Hotel Dominican Fiesta if I remember well.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007
You have a few options to play soccer. The sport is very popular in the colegios and schools in the DR. Universities also have club teams. It's no where near as popular as baseball or other sports.

If you are interested you could play at the Centro Olympico. I know they play every Saturday in the afternoon. You could also try some of the country clubs in the DR.

If you'd like PM me and I could give you the contact details for Jorge Bauer, one of the country's only soccer experts. He is an Argentinean that played in Europe and then retired to the DR. He currently runs a soccer school in San Geronimo (near Nunez de Caceres).

There are games in the Mirador and some of the cities parks. But for some friendlies, best bet is to coordinate your own games.

Also, here is an article about soccer in the DR.

And here is the DR's Soccer Federation.

Hopes this helps,

Mr. Lu

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bauger is a businessman that talks soccer. Sorry, not my cup.

If you want to find out about f?tbol, go over to the Olympic Center and go to the offices of the Futbol Federation..They can point you inthe right direction, tell you if you can be a referee or what ever.

Also, there are leagues (1 st and 2nd Division) that run most of the year.

You will be surprised at just how much there is around here.

HB

faer

Jan 6, 2005
mcfcfan
casa espa?a is the place. It's a country club related to spaniard descendants, they have a league of their own...