stuff for kids in santo domingo?

bl3520

Aug 31, 2008
hi,
we're new to santo domingo. have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. can anyone recommend:
great pool, best way to spend a saturday or sunday; soccer lessons for hte 4 year old; movement or dance for the 2 year old; recreation; best place to buy a bike with training wheels, best place to ride it. best toy store. etc etc.. any and all advice is most welcome!!

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
hi,
we're new to santo domingo. have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. can anyone recommend:
great pool, best way to spend a saturday or sunday; soccer lessons for hte 4 year old; movement or dance for the 2 year old; recreation; best place to buy a bike with training wheels, best place to ride it. best toy store. etc etc.. any and all advice is most welcome!!

I?m not sure about the training wheels, but I saw a lot of toys and bikes in Jumbo in Altos de Cancino (MegaCentro). I wouldn?t be surprised if Plaza Lama at the corner of Jiminez de Moya and 27 de Febrero had toys and bikes too. They have lot stuff there.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Pool & Karate, Soccer: Dominican Fiesta ($200 adults, $100 kids for day pass pool).
Biking and Games : Park Mirador

Reactions: AnnaC

creativeliza

Sep 30, 2004
www.creativeliza.com
pool recommendation

hi,

Hi, what part of Santo Domingo? I have two kids as well, same ages, and we are members at the Hotel Mel?a. You can join as temporary member (no value in the permanent one since the benefits are the same and you can keep renewing the temp one) and for 4 months it cost RD 6000. That is the price per adult and kids are free. It is called a "spa" membership and also includes, for the adults, use of the gymansium, sauna and discounts on food. I think it's a great deal and on weekends there are lots of kids. For toy stores I like Jugeton. Mirardor Sur is a good place for longer rides but my favorite is Parque de Colon at the end of the Conde -- plus there are cafes where the adults can sit outside and watch the kids have fun (at least the 4 yr old anyway).

I'm in Gazcue. PM if you want more info or interested in getting the kids together for a play date.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For toys, go to Juguet?n.

For store locations, click on the link:

JUGUET?N

-NALs

bl3520

Aug 31, 2008
hi everyone,
thanks for the recommendations. we got my son a bike today and he is SO excited! pity it looks like it's going to rain for a while.

best,
bl