Parts needed for SKYGO 150T-7 , MC_U1502

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I am looking for repair parts for a SKYGO 150T-7 scooter from Lifan which appears to be the same exact scooter as an MC_U1502 that I have found being sold in the US. The US Dealer will not sell us parts unless we purchased the scooter from them. I never heard of such a policy, but it is certainly a frustrating one.

The dealer we purchased the scooter from in La Vega is Inversiones Caceras. They are either unwilling or unable to get the parts for us. I am giving up on them

Is there another SKYGO dealer in Santiago or Santo Domingo that I can contact for parts?

Feb 7, 2007
Worst comes worst, try this company in Chile
toyota

Does your scooter look like this?
http://www.hooperimports.com/thumb_img/LF150T-6_1198884149.jpg
If it is the one, the scooter looks a clone of Domoto stuff.... try contacting Bonanza. You will need to take the part there and see whether the comparable Domoto part is the same as Skygo scooter part. You have to tell them it's Domoto 150, because there are 125 and 150 and some parts are different (eg. pistons, valves, etc.) among the two types.

I have found out that 99% are.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Getting close on the scooter parts, but still no cigar...

Thank you all for answering.

Where is Bonanza Dominicana located?

While the 150T-6 is similar in some ways to our 150T-7, they don't seem to share any body plastic. What I need are many of the plastic body pieces since it was in a roll over accident.

Our scooter looks like this one exactly:

Moped Scooters :: Moped Touring 150cc Deluxe Air Cooled - Wholesale|Retail|Distributor|Importer|Trader

I thought I had my answer, which would be importing the parts from the US, but this company will not sell spare parts to anyone that does not own a scooter originally sold by them. So the search continues.

Feb 7, 2007
Try the chilean route. They say they sell spare parts

If you need mechanical parts, Bonanza might be of help

Bonanza is in SD on Kennedy.

Some plastics (especially front) look the same between T6 and T7. Maybe Bonanza does have them.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Bonanza can't ( or won't) help

We just spoke to Bonanza and they cannot help.

Bonanza Dominicana

Bonanza said never heard of Skygo or Lifan industries who makes it. How strange when they are reported to sell a very similar model. Their web site says the sell Domoto.

I think I found one very expensive source in Florida and I will check into the connection with Chile, but anywhere in the DR would be easier.

Rhetorical question: Why won't the dealer I purchased from order the parts for me? (I do know the answer, customer service here is virtually non-existent. This same type of problem happened when I needed parts for my car. The dealer would not order them so I had to get them from the US. )

A lesson learned, buy only Yamaha and Toyota here even if you have to compromise. Sadly, Yamaha doesn't sell anything in the style of this scooter in the DR. If they did, it would cost over $5,000 US.

Feb 7, 2007
The problem is that you have a "rare" model. Have you had a model like T-6, there are lots of the clones from various manufacturers, so parts are much easier to be found. I have a Vento model (made/assembled) in the USA but I buy virtually all parts from Bonanza. Of course when I buy at Bonanza I tell them it's for Domoto 125 because they have not heard of Vento.
BTW Domoto is a private label with Suzuki.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Rhetorical question: Why won't the dealer I purchased from order the parts for me? (I do know the answer, customer service here is virtually non-existent. This same type of problem happened when I needed parts for my car. The dealer would not order them so I had to get them from the US. )
Probably wasn't an authorized dealer.

Why not just take the busted pieces to Bonanza in SDQ and show them the pieces? I suspect you just got blown off, Dominican style. Harder to do in person.

I purchased our 12 Suzuki V-Strom 650's from Bonanza. They are a quality, top-notch outfit. The sell 2,000 moto's a month.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I understand about the blow off potential

Probably wasn't an authorized dealer.

Why not just take the busted pieces to Bonanza in SDQ and show them the pieces? I suspect you just got blown off, Dominican style. Harder to do in person.

I purchased our 12 Suzuki V-Strom 650's from Bonanza. They are a quality, top-notch outfit. The sell 2,000 moto's a month.

You are quite right. It is very typical to just blow someone off when they are looking for parts and/or service here. However, just dropping by Santo Domingo with the parts when I live in Cabarete isn't my idea of fun, but it may become necessary.

I do find it hard to believe that there is only one Skygo/Lifan dealer in the DR and they are in LaVega where we purchased. Oh well.

Feb 7, 2007
Also try

LIFAN Espaa they sell 125cc but looks like plastics might be the same

and

Lifan Group

Looks like thye 150-T7 is no longer in production but may share body parts with other Lifan models currently in production, or the spare parts for the olde rmodel may still be available

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is there a SKYGO or LIFAN dealer in Santo Domingo?

We have been storing our SKYGO scooter in the hopes that we could find the plastic and other parts to repair it after it was in an accident. I have had no luck finding parts in this part of the world.

Is there now a SKYGO or LIFAN scooter dealer in Santo Domingo that I could call to see if they have parts?

The dealer we purchased from in La Vega, Inversiones Carceras, has lied to us from the very beginning about parts being available for the scooters they sell.