Marbete Renewals 2008

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Car marbete stickers are now available from the outlets listed on last Tuesday's DR1 News (26th. August) and online at DGII website. Same documentation required as last year: photocopy of matricula & photocopy of cedula. I renewed mine at A&P on Beller in Puerto Plata this morning and because it was raining there was no queue whatsoever. Whole process took 3 minutes.

If you go to the same place as I did & if it is raining do not wear sandals. There is a very active gutter pipe which ensures that the area you are standing in (the outside drive-through window) is flooded :cheeky:.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Same in Sosua

The association "accross from the cop shop"
BankAmerica accross from Banco Popular.

Aug 21, 2007
Please Clarify

The association "accross from the cop shop"
BankAmerica accross from Banco Popular.

Eddy-

I am new to this and need you to clarify.

I assume you are directing where we can get this marbete sticker in Sosua. By the cop shop, are you referring to the police station? Then, what association is across the street?

Finally, I wasn't aware that there was a BankAmerica in Sosua. Do you mean Bank Reserva?

Perhaps your comments were all in jest and I am simply slow to catch on. Just, please help.

Thanks-
Lindsey

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Eddy-

I am new to this and need you to clarify.

I assume you are directing where we can get this marbete sticker in Sosua. By the cop shop, are you referring to the police station? Then, what association is across the street?

Finally, I wasn't aware that there was a BankAmerica in Sosua. Do you mean Bank Reserva?

Perhaps your comments were all in jest and I am simply slow to catch on. Just, please help.

Thanks-
Lindsey

Clarification:
Assoc. Nortena de Ahorros y Prestamos
Cop Shop = Police Station

BankAmerica accross the street from Banco Popular in the plaza.

Feb 7, 2007
Banco Ademis, I paid 1200 pesos (yr 2001) and in 3 mins I got my marbete. No lines, I got in just as they were closing the door at 5 pm.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Car marbete stickers are now available from the outlets listed on last Tuesday's DR1 News (26th. August) and online at DGII website. Same documentation required as last year: photocopy of matricula & photocopy of cedula. I renewed mine at A&P on Beller in Puerto Plata this morning and because it was raining there was no queue whatsoever. Whole process took 3 minutes.

If you go to the same place as I did & if it is raining do not wear sandals. There is a very active gutter pipe which ensures that the area you are standing in (the outside drive-through window) is flooded :cheeky:.

Do not want to be a pain in the as#, however I gave them a photo copy of my oversees passport along with the matricula in Sosua, and bingo- Marbete Sticker.
Also, I almost forgot to remove the paper insert on the sticker after you peel it off the original sheet given to you, the one that has all the number details, just in case anyone else forgets. :eek:
I'm sure no one else will!!!

Aug 21, 2007
It truly is one stop shopping. I mistakenly understood that I first go to the BankAmerica in Sosua, then to the Nortena de Ahorras y Prestamos....similar to the two steps involved in the Revista process.

But, no. I went to BankAmerica- which I never even knew existed previous to this- and within minutes had my sticker.

For me, it cost 2,200 pesos....do they charge based on the kind of car or year?

Thanks to all for the help. Now I better understand the whole system....that is until we need to get new plates!

Lindsey

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Do not want to be a pain in the as#, however I gave them a photo copy of my oversees passport along with the matricula in Sosua, and bingo- Marbete Sticker.
Also, I almost forgot to remove the paper insert on the sticker after you peel it off the original sheet given to you, the one that has all the number details, just in case anyone else forgets. :eek:
I'm sure no one else will!!!

No pain at all - yes a passport photocopy works for those without a cedula.

Are you saying the small insert with the numbers is not on your windshield together with the rest of the sticker? I leave mine attached to the sticker so that any AMET who checks can see that is the marbete for my reg. number & not some knockoff I picked up in the street.;)

LindseyK, the new plates proceedure is almost the same, except that you come away with a new plate & of course a new matricula. Last time I did it was at the DGII itself - not sure if they'll franchise this out to the other outlets or not, next time.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
..... LindseyK, the new plates proceedure is almost the same, except that you come away with a new plate & of course a new matricula. Last time I did it was at the DGII itself - not sure if they'll franchise this out to the other outlets or not, next time.

Probably not, as that would require all those outlets to have a multiple supply of different tags. And no one would have any idea of how many to stock at the different outlets.

A little more cumbersome then "stickers".

(But this being the DR, they will probably do it and create an artificial shortage of plates at some outlets)

b5se1j.gif

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Are you saying the small insert with the numbers is not on your windshield together with the rest of the sticker? I leave mine attached to the sticker so that any AMET who checks can see that is the marbete for my reg. number & not some knockoff I picked up in the street.
Yes it is on my windshield, just that when you peel the sticker off, one can forget to peel off the small insert and place it on the sticker before placing it on the window. Maybe it is just me and I was having a senior moment!

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
Or, too much Bermuda Rum!
People have the tendency not to notice that little "insert", especially the newer folks living here.

It was only 80 proof, and yes I am a newbie!

Sanation

May 21, 2007
We have attempted to pay our Marbete renewal by way of Certified Cheque. We have now been advised that payment will only be accepted in cash.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I have only ever paid cash. Since the max figure is only a couple of thousand pesos I'm not sure why you would want to pay by certified cheque? Is it because you have a fleet of vehicles?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
if that certified check is from an outside bank the confirmation can take several days to get the check cleared, sure they would not accept such.
usual is cash, yes,
my 1998 honda accord costed the same than last year, 1200 pesos,
did not need to wait even 5 minutes at the bank in line, all fast and hassle free, just presented a copy of the car?s matricula and brought a copy of my cedula.
if you are known at the spot where you make your renewals personal or company checks from local banks are not a problem neither, specially if you renew a number of vehicles/fleet aso.
Mike

Sanation

May 21, 2007
We have a number of vehicle that require registration, hence why we raised a company cheque and had certified.

We bank with BHD, so there should be no delay in the cheque being processed (the certification guarantees that the funds are cleared).

I've been told that they accepted cheques last year, but this year they don't. I can't find any information that states that only cash will be accepted.