Dominican five eyes

disciplemckie

Feb 16, 2004
www.dovemissions.com
I have come to know a delightful man who sells shoes out of his home in Cristo Rey. He loves to visit if you have time, and always has words of encouragement and wisdom to pass along. The other day we stopped to say good morning. He did not have a shirt on and we noticed both of his shoulders had a tatoo of an eye on each, as if they were a second set of "eyes". When we asked him about them, he could not believe we did not know about the dominican five eyes. The two on his head, obviously, the two on his shoulders and one on the backside. I am not sure where as he just pointed in the direction of his bum. He couldn't give me an explanation, just that it is the Dominican way. Does anyone have a clue what this is about?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
I have come to know a delightful man who sells shoes out of his home in Cristo Rey. He loves to visit if you have time, and always has words of encouragement and wisdom to pass along. The other day we stopped to say good morning. He did not have a shirt on and we noticed both of his shoulders had a tatoo of an eye on each, as if they were a second set of "eyes". When we asked him about them, he could not believe we did not know about the dominican five eyes. The two on his head, obviously, the two on his shoulders and one on the backside. I am not sure where as he just pointed in the direction of his bum. He couldn't give me an explanation, just that it is the Dominican way. Does anyone have a clue what this is about?

He was just playing a joke on you.
counting his a$$$$HOLE as his 5th eye.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006

ahhh Dominicans and their double meaning jokes, ayyy Dios mio......not nice.

Polycarp

Jul 25, 2007
Why would he go to the trouble of permanently tattooing eyes on his shoulders just so he could refer to his bunger. Seems a little more elaborate than just a means for poopie talk. Seriously does anyone know of this? Could it be a link to some version of Voodoo. Certainly such a learned and wise group as yourselves should have some ideas!!

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
my cuban buddy, who is a santeria priest, has a big tattoo on his back that features a large chalice with an eye above it. he got this tattoo many years ago in cuba. a couple of times in very hot weather, while working, i have seen him take his shirt off, the reactions on the faces of other cubans passing by is impressive. this is on the streets of miami.