Quaker Meeting House????

sripton

Apr 15, 2007
Hi,
This might sound like a weird question but I am wondering if any one knows where there is a Quaker Meeting house in or around Santo Domingo???
I would appreciate as much help as possible!!!
Thanks!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are no Friends Meeting Houses in Santo Domingo or in any part of the DR as far as I know, but you could send a Private Message to mountainannie who is a Quaker, and lives in Santo Domingo. I know she is keen to meet other Quakers.

bl3520

Aug 31, 2008
also interested

hi,
i would also like to be involved, if you folks get together...

bl3520

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Quaker Meeting House

Someone sent me a PM asking "what is a Quaker Meeting House!-- which I assume you can google.. but basically, it would be any simple room, without an altar or any sort of ornamentation. Quakers or more correctly "The Religious Society of Freinds" - started in England in 1652- holding that any individual could make direct contact with God within. Quakers have no set creed or beliefs but hold certain historic testimonies in peace, integrity, and simplicity. Quakers are one of the traditional "peace churches" in the US and have long been leaders in the peace movement. They have always held women as equal members,: all the women at Senaca Falls were either Quakers or Quaker educated.

no--no--- not Amish---!!!(some of us look a whole lot like hippies)

more than you wanted to know...

i step down from the box

thanks