Orange is down

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Many folk are saying they cant get through on orange lines. It seems to be intermittent and only in certain areas. Mine has been off since yesterday and comes back a little with a very weak signal. Thats why I have a claro back up phone but the lines are overloaded on there today. Dont care, power is back, water is restored, storm is over and we are all safe. Thank the precious Lord

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
orange been down in the cabeza de toro area yesterday, too.
we also use different providers.
mine is Claro, wifey has a Orange, in the house we have a spre phone also working with a Claro SIM, but women and techniques, wifey did not turn it on when her orange went out, so i couldn't reach her, ha ha.
same over here, when one provider goes down in an area many people have a spare phone from a second provider who receives an temporarily overrun during that time, specially when a storm is near the island
Mike

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I don't have "Orange", but always seeing reports or hearing of it being down.

No way I would get "Orange" at this time.

n6qu0.gif

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the cell providers deliver all the same ****ty services,
non is really reliable and each has its downs in specific areas.
i would take a good monthly "Plan" from one and connect a cell for prepaid cards as a backup phone with an other provider, so you are more flexibel in case you depend on the phone for business/work.
just for a private housephone i wold take one of the numerous available Vonage services connected to the Internet.
i don't know what companies are available in other areas,
here in PC i use a Vonage with a 305 Miami area code at the office for my communications with my 95% american and Canadian customers, at home i use one of our PC local Internet provider "Bec-Tel", less than $100.- one time fee for the equipment and installation, $10.- monthly fee with i think 150-200 fre local minutes included, additional minutes are with Tax around 4-4 1/2 pesos per minute.
that's cheap and in my case their srvices are up and running with very few downtimes per year mostly due to electrical outs from the Elec. provider, which are anyways very rare in the PC area.
the Vonage with the 305 Miami area code costs me $30.95.- per month and provides unlimited minutes within the US and Canada(includes Great Britain, Spain France and 2-3 more european countries which i don't remember at the moment), they offer different world plans where a mixture of different countries around the globe are included. that phonage never had an downtime unless the office internet connection isn't going down.
hope that helps
Mike

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
That is why we have both an orange and Codetel cell. It improves our chances to slightly better then even that at least one will be working at any given time.

Bob K