Brett Favre

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Brett is starting for the Jets today. The most recent of the long line of outstanding quarterbacks going all the way back to DR1's very own Cobraboy.

Reactions: DavidZ

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Do they have football in the dominican?

Not sure if that guy...you know...The Dominican has football, but American football can be seen in THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC if you have cable TV. There is not formal Football league that I know of down there.

BTW Do They have football in The United???

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
10 meters for a first down seems like a long way to go.

1 point for a field goal and 10 for a touchdown.

Please explain the rules?

Last edited:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Maybe cobraboy is actually Joe Namath?

It's possible , I know the gringo times have published some great investigative reports in the past.

The yellow submarine did not surface and find the cryptonite however.

Just can't trust the local tabloids.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
LOL!

In another life, a long, long time ago, yes, I indeed played in the old WFL, and when that collapsed, had a couple of brief cups of coffee with the Jets, mostly rehabbing an injury...

I was good enough to get there, but a little too fragile to stay for long, and was easily replaced. But still was there, more than 99.9% of football players can say, with memories that will never escape my noggin.

The game has TOTALLY changed from when I was a kid. Totally. With the same skillset I had as a kid, I'd even be a marginal college player today. But I do thank football for a wonderful edumacation, and incredible friendships that exist even today. Heck just last week, I found one of my college teams is being inducted into a Sports Hall of Fame, and I got an invitation to attend a reunion of old WFL players, including Larry Csonka, Jim Kiick, and Paul Warfield :). But the biz is doing well, and I'll be unable to attend either.

"Nothing to see here, folks, just move along...";)

(I still have football in my DNA, still get that "itch" around the time guys start thinking about report to training camp, still watch my favorite team, the Buccaneers. Grandpa CB was an All American back in the Walter Camp era...)

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Just for grins, CB, age 23, the day after the collapse of the WFL in Oct. '75, sports page cover of the Philadelphia Inquirer, a few days before the NFL came calling:
BoyRobertIIedit.jpg

(Those who have met me in person can have a good chuckle. I still look like a kid, no?)