mosquito paint

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Does anyone have any reviews of this paint? Do they still sell it? Does it work? Is it safe? Which one is best?

Thanks in Advance

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
anti-mosquito paint

I hope is was clear that I meant anti-mosquito paint, maybe not :)

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
my neighbors have mosquito paint in their daughters room and they swear by it.
but she also couldn't sleep in the room for about a week and a half after they painted because the smell was so strong.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
This is the first time i have heard about it, I would really be interested in the name or where they sell it as we are about to move house and daughter will for the first time have her own room. I can paint it and get it all ready before she moves in.

Luperon

Jun 28, 2004
This is from DR1 8/12/04

Anti-mosquito paint
Pinturas Tropical has launched a paint that is being marketed as an effective repellent of mosquitos, flies, roaches, aunts and acaro. Marketing director Carlos Lorenzo says the product has been selling well and uses the same technology that is common in Europe. The technology works because the material is porous and in the tiny openings expels the insecticide in microcrystals that eliminate the insects but do not harm humans. Tropical Plus Insect Off and Acar Off are available in 350 colors at a costs 40% higher than standard paints.

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
We have used it and I think it is working quite well even they do not promise it to last so many years. Smell is no problem if you only keep windows open while working with it. I am very sensitive about chemicals and smells and it had not caused anything. Recommending even beeing more pricy.......

Tika

Mar 19, 2007
we like the paint

Yes, it works. Yes, it's safe...as far as my experience goes. We purchased ours at 8A (ochoa) in Santiago although I am sure it's available most everywhere now. It's a bit more expensive than the standard paint and your color choices are slightly limited as well but it's well worth it.

We painted our daughters room with the paint before she was born and with open windows as well as a fan, the odor was gone within a day or so. This room is also screened but I have only seen a mosquito once since painting.

As far as safety goes, our very young daughter licks the wall on occasion and she's yet to fall ill from any of these open-mouth-moments. I doubt that this is recommended but it happens, right?!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Aunts

Anti-mosquito paint
Pinturas Tropical has launched a paint that is being marketed as an effective repellent of mosquitos, flies, roaches, aunts and acaro. Marketing director Carlos Lorenzo says the product has been selling well and uses the same technology that is common in Europe. The technology works because the material is porous and in the tiny openings expels the insecticide in microcrystals that eliminate the insects but do not harm humans. Tropical Plus Insect Off and Acar Off are available in 350 colors at a costs 40% higher than standard paints.

Ok, I've got to ask...does this paint repel 'mi epsosa's' 'aunts' ?? If they have invented a paint for that, I will buy shares in the company!! Being Dominican, mi esposa has more aunts than there are 'ants' in my house sometimes...lol !!