Puppy shot in La Mulata

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Allegedly, yesterday morning the German sect in La Mulata (the one with the barbed wire fences, locked gates and security guards) coaxed a dog belonging to one of my neighbours into their compound and shot it dead. It was just a puppy and just a big boisterous bundle of fun and games.

The "murderer" was the son of a certain Mr. Brunck and I hope he rots in Hell for what he did. He shot the puppy twice for good measure. My neighbour had to get a lawyer involved to demand the return of the poor doggies body.

It is rumoured that this bully's dad and a number of others are currently being held in prison on charges brought by one of their ex neighbours. Perhaps that demonstrates what sort of people they are?

If you live in La Mulata then please, please, please make sure to keep your dogs inside your grounds - this is really upsetting stuff.

Reactions: FernieBee

tink23

Jul 15, 2008
That is disgusting and very very upsetting that someone can take a life so easily...

Mar 2, 2008
JDJones,

Don't you think there is a difference between coaxing a dog into a compound and shooting it, and what you're talking about?

In my mind there is a huge difference, and one that indicates a perverted and sociopathic mind of the person who shot that dog.

It is interesting to note that almost all perpetrators of abuse crimes have a history of mistreating animals. I hope that person doesn't wander into your yard, in which case you would certainly need a gun.

AnonTraveler

Aug 6, 2008
Sorry to hear what happened to the puppy, but if he had been tied or contained within a yard, it wouldn't have happened.

Dogs should never be allowed to run free in the street. My neighbors dogs love to take their dumps in my meticulously maintained front yard. My neighbor thinks it's funny, but if I wasn't a dog lover, I'd shoot his dogs too.

It sounds to me as if they would have shot the dog just for giggles regardless of where it was, tied or otherwise. Some people are just plain evil. The saddest thing about this country is that people are not restricted by common "civilized" society so they tend to do what they want, regardless of the 'rightness' or 'wrongness' of it.

Our prayers for the puppy...

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
I hope the pup was not Dawn and Robs young Lab. We were just up at their place a couple of weeks ago and our kids had a wonderful time playing with him in their pool.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
I'm very sorry to hear, but some foreigners are just as cruel as Dominicans when comes to animals. In my neighborhood I witnessed similar incidents....foreigners physically abusing others neighbeor's dogs.

My sympathy to you and your family I know how it feels….I lose my dog in tragic car accident.

Mar 2, 2008
So, the answer is you don't see any difference, is that right?

Just one other question, if your private yard is fenced-in how do your neighbor's dogs get in there?

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
......Dogs should never be allowed to run free in the street. My neighbors dogs love to take their dumps in my meticulously maintained front yard. My neighbor thinks it's funny, but if I wasn't a dog lover, I'd shoot his dogs too.

I walk my dog several times a day and collect his masterpieces in plastic bags and dump them in the nearest zafacon.

A dog running free can also be dognapped or run over accidentally or deliberately. These situations are common here.

.....Just one other question, if your private yard is fenced-in how do your neighbor's dogs get in there?

If they are Jack Russell Terriers they probably just key in the security code. :D

Mar 2, 2008
Jack Russells are very smart and good dogs. But I love my Rottie. Sammy would just walk through the fence.

By the way, if anyone shot my Sammy, they would be pushing up sugar cane. Not that I condone violence.

Sep 19, 2005
I dont know what it is about the dominican culture and their indifference to dogs.

they have millions and everyone has one or two or three, but they have contempt for others dogs...

plus most let theirs do what ever they want, but hate with other peoples dogs do what ever they want?? go figure...

I love dogs, but there are way to many running wild....which leads to people hating them at times (especially roaming dogs) thus they take swipes at them with their cars or even drive around shooting strays.

I have two freinds that have done such that...take an occasional drive at night and kill dogs roaming the streets.

but they love their own dogs!!

so it isnt a hatred for animals..it is a hatred some SOMETHING that displeases them....big difference.

my ex Gfs had two dogs posioned to death right in her yard!!!...I bet the Hatians that walked by got tired of being barked at.....

if you drive trough the barrios and campos and count the flower arraingements where a human died after getting hit by a car....you might want to wonder how many roaming dogs caused the accident....

my ex gf was in a motorcycle accident when the driver hit a dog running across the street..she got scratches and a badly injured finger, the driver broke his leg!!!!!!!!!

I am amazed that someone brought a Foriegner into the blame pool!!!!!!! ha ha ha

love that one...like the foriegners are to blame for all the domincan woes!!!

bad bad bob

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
If they are Jack Russell Terriers they probably just key in the security code. :D

Mine certainly could!;)
Stuff like this tragic incident just doesn't happen in the DR though. It happens all over in Canada and the US.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I am amazed that someone brought a Foriegner into the blame pool!!!!!!! ha ha ha

bad bad bob

Why would you be amazed? Did you read Simon's post? The alleged puppy killer IS a foreigner, the son of a German/S.African expat who has a reputation here as long as your arm for NOT being a sterling member of the neighbourhood watch community. Not quite La Mulatta's Count Dracula but close :cheeky:. Also highly litigious so better people google the name than backgound details are offered here. Give yourself a few hours and a German dictionary ;). And watch the videos of a German investigative reporter flying over the location in a helicopter & getting shot at!

The original post was not about a 'Dominican' problem in my view. Is that correct Simon or have I got it wrong?

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Simon I live in La Mulata also, when I first moved in I had a lot of problems with an evil German in the area, he even killed one of my dogs. He cut off my water and other things to disturb my life. Other people in the area have had problems with him, even other good Germans and were scared. I wasnt taking that **** He received a "visit" We have had no problems since and everyone in our area is much happier. The pain that dog went through was horrible. He poisoned him.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Shame on them

I will never understand cruel people like this. It's so sad and it makes me so mad !

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
It is strange to me that in a country overrun with stray dogs, anyone would kill an obviously well-cared for dog. If the guys that killed the lab pup wanted to kill dogs, they should have ample opportunity on the streets of wherever they live............but, if I see them abusing or shooting dogs. stray dogs will be the absolute least of their worries...no kidding

trabajadora

Aug 29, 2007
Dog killer

Obviously this person is sick in the head. I hope he rots wherever he is. How cruel to do this to a happy-go-lucky puppy......; he lured him to his death.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
this makes me sick....

That anyone would hurt a dog or any other animal for no reason other than being attacked by said animal disgusts me. I'm sorry for your loss....it is so heartbreaking. Thankfully, animal cruelty is being taken more seriously here in Chicago. A man just got arrested (with a 20,000 USD bail) for throwing a kitten off a 2nd floor balcony. The kitten suffered a broken pelvis. The reason he threw the kitten? It bit him. A kitten. People who commit acts like this are losers and just downright evil. Again, my heart goes out to you and your dear, sweet puppy. So sad.

Bayx-**

May 30, 2008
I dont know what it is about the dominican culture and their indifference to dogs.

they have millions and everyone has one or two or three, but they have contempt for others dogs...

plus most let theirs do what ever they want, but hate with other peoples dogs do what ever they want?? go figure...

I love dogs, but there are way to many running wild....which leads to people hating them at times (especially roaming dogs) thus they take swipes at them with their cars or even drive around shooting strays.

I have two freinds that have done such that...take an occasional drive at night and kill dogs roaming the streets.

but they love their own dogs!!

so it isnt a hatred for animals..it is a hatred some SOMETHING that displeases them....big difference.

my ex Gfs had two dogs posioned to death right in her yard!!!...I bet the Hatians that walked by got tired of being barked at.....

if you drive trough the barrios and campos and count the flower arraingements where a human died after getting hit by a car....you might want to wonder how many roaming dogs caused the accident....

my ex gf was in a motorcycle accident when the driver hit a dog running across the street..she got scratches and a badly injured finger, the driver broke his leg!!!!!!!!!

bad bad bob

I am the one who brought the foreigners up..... do you have a problem with that?. Do you want to know why?

Foreigners usually accuse Dominicans of animal cruelty...which in fact is very true, but in my experience I had witnessed with my own eyes some foreigners especially Germans physically abusing dogs.

So the point here is.... if you get it, that Dominicans are not the only one to blame when it comes to animal cruelty...is a problem world wide.

Killing a dog because your life is in danger is a different story, but to satisfy your ego is just plain and simple cruel and evil...

Bayx

fightfish

Jan 11, 2008
You know, it's silly for me to take this so seriously, but my experience with my dogs has been one of absolute trust, integrity, friendship and fun. Even dogs obviously unwanted deserve a little respect for being the upstanding friends of the human race. Who else would? No matter what our flaws, our k-9 friends seem to see the best in us. BTW- I've called a north coast dog-killers' meeting for next wednesday at Rocky's at 6 p.m. New members receive a special surprise!!