Guest Friendly?

AnonTraveler

Aug 6, 2008
I was recently trying to reserve one of the luxury villas on the north coast for some friends of mine and I to have a nice week. Over the course of the conversation with the rental agents I was asked if I needed the villa to be 'guest friendly.' Since I was bringing my friends I said 'yes' and they said they couldn't help me.

Can someone explain what just happened?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I was recently trying to reserve one of the luxury villas on the north coast for some friends of mine and I to have a nice week. Over the course of the conversation with the rental agents I was asked if I needed the villa to be 'guest friendly.' Since I was bringing my friends I said 'yes' and they said they couldn't help me.

Can someone explain what just happened?

It might be a family type of villa. When they say "guest friendly" they might have meant "chica friendly" (if you know what I mean by chica)

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
WHile i am sure that is what the villa meant...but "guest friendly" also can include a fee for legitimate guests (non prostitutes). That can be from fellow travelers or to locals. I have many friends in the DR. Some hotels charge a fee no matter WHO comes to your room. I've been at hotels who charge a friend who's staying at another hotel just to come and see me.

It is best to clarify this before booking your room (or vlla). If you are picking up hookers that is one thing. But if you know in advance who might be coming over I would give the hotel their name in advance etc.

I wouldnt think a villa would charge per person tho (i think that is why some hotels in the capital charge extra...some out of prostitution fears...others to ward off double bunkers...people trying to get a free room for another person).

Reactions: Bronxboy

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i remember one time we were 3 guys all traveling together and staying at different hotels in sosua, me being at an all-inclusive. my friends were only allowed in the lobby area where they had to call my room. i thought this was the most crazy thing i had ever heard of. but given what i know about working girls and what has already been stated here, now i know better.
lastly, non-guest friendly doesn't apply to the housekeepers or hotel staff. :laugh: