Dealing with roaches etc.

boca chica dave

Sep 25, 2004
What do you folks use to rid of these. Someone,( maybe Texas Bill suggested a boric acid mix) a while back. Just wondering what most members use and where to find it.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
We use a product called Beni-bio (i think that is how you spell it). It is available all over and has different formulations depending on what you want to kill. The best part is the product is pet friendly so we dont worry about it with our dog. The product seems to work pretty well as we rarely see roaches around.

Bob K

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
The Boric acid mix is one with a universal application.
By switching the extra ingrediants, ie., flour(for roaches and other water bugs, houseflus), sugar(for ants, houseflys, other creepy crawly things), etc., you can make different applications to kill different insects. The basic ingredient is the Boric acid, which is toxic to many different types of insects, and its much cheaper than commercialy available products, which are often insect specific. The roaches keel over almost immediately; the ants take it back to the nest and feed it to the Queen, killing her and the entire colony.

If you cn get a small vial of arsenic to mix in, its even better and quicker. Just a couple of drops, though, that stuff's very POTENT. Be sure, if you use this addition, you keep it ( both the arsenic AND the mixture) away from any pets and/or kiddies.

Texas Bill

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
"Just wondering what most members use and where to find it."

On Fordham Road and the Bronx, there are people who stand on corners yelling "Tempo, Tempo"

Dominicans swear by this stuff.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i use the stuff that comes in small silver sachets - a powder smelling like crushed cookies.
the only indication of it's killing purpose is a drawing of a cucaracha on a cover - although to me it looks like elaborate sketch of a flower.
can't say i know the name of the thing as all signs are in chinese. after i come back home and read "picture posting" instruction i will try to attach a picture.
in any case you empty the cookie powder behind furniture. non-toxic but due to the smell it may hold appeal to small kids or dogs - not sure what happens when ingested by non-cackaroach. works fantastically thou, no sign of roaches.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
The Boric acid mix is one with a universal application.
By switching the extra ingrediants, ie., flour(for roaches and other water bugs, houseflus), sugar(for ants, houseflys, other creepy crawly things), etc., you can make different applications to kill different insects. The basic ingredient is the Boric acid, which is toxic to many different types of insects, and its much cheaper than commercialy available products, which are often insect specific. The roaches keel over almost immediately; the ants take it back to the nest and feed it to the Queen, killing her and the entire colony.

If you cn get a small vial of arsenic to mix in, its even better and quicker. Just a couple of drops, though, that stuff's very POTENT. Be sure, if you use this addition, you keep it ( both the arsenic AND the mixture) away from any pets and/or kiddies.

Texas Bill

I forgot to add that you mix the stuff with water or milk to form a very thick paste, place all of it on some wax paper and let it dry. Then, with rubber gloves, break off small chunks and drop them behind the fridge, adnd elsewhere there is evidence of roaches and/or ants.

Texas Bill

Reactions: Bronxboy

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
"Just wondering what most members use and where to find it."

On Fordham Road and the Bronx, there are people who stand on corners yelling "Tempo, Tempo"

Dominicans swear by this stuff.

I remember using that stuff in my fathers apartment when he went on vacation for a month. The results were unbelievable. There were thousands of dead roaches everywhere. The clean up was disgusting. That stuff is toxic as hell. By the way I haven't heard of anyone selling Tempo in years and I'm in the Bronx everyday.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I remember using that stuff in my fathers apartment when he went on vacation for a month. The results were unbelievable. There were thousands of dead roaches everywhere. The clean up was disgusting. That stuff is toxic as hell. By the way I haven't heard of anyone selling Tempo in years and I'm in the Bronx everyday.

You still find them on Fordham and Valentine on the weekends!!!!

Tempo, tempo...........

cuas

May 29, 2006
Last I heard TEMPO is illegal in USA. Very toxic and no antidote. That is why it is not sold anymore in stores and vendors no dot yell but whisper the word TEMPO. Very effective with roaches but some children died because the product is not registered here. The Health Dept does not know the components therefore hospital does not know how to save the children.