Best place for weather forecasts

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
Any suggestions for the best place to get reliable weather forecasts for the Dominican Republic. Web sites, newspapers etc.

Thanks,

Adrian

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Adrian, outside of hurricane season the weather forecast is sunny and hot with a good probability of tropical showers in the afternoon and during the night.

During hurricane season the weather forecast is the same, excepting if there is a large storm off shore. Then the weather forecast may be hot, raining and windy.

If you want to know about winds and waves, there are a few sites on the Cabarete side that report this, alternatively consult Noaa?s marine weather forecasts that will give you all the pertinent information for high seas or coastal weather and even give you individual buoy readings.
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE MARINE PRODUCTS VIA INTERNET

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Best I have found for the world: Weather Underground. They combine the raw data from good sources (like NOAA) and compile it in a more friendly format.

The BEST I know of is WSI, but it's an expensive pay site pretty much for pilots.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Heck, I just click on DR1 and see what's happening.
Sometimes I look at NOAA and if I see something, then I go and ask Chris and see what has to say about things...

You really can't do much better than what is posted here...

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The best resource is DR1. We combine lots of resources, have some excellent knowledgeable posters combined with eye witness reports. What more do you need :)

Adrian

Oct 22, 2003
Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Although I live in the UK I do have a house in the DR and will be spending a few weeks there next month. My reason for asking is that we might spend a couple of weekends in other parts of the country, and I would like to book the accommodation a few days before. It would be good to have some idea of what the weather might be like for the weekend on the Wednesday before. If the weather could be poor then we may decide not to go away that weekend.

I appreciate that weather forecasts for more than a day or two ahead are often not very accurate:disappoin

Thanks again for the advice.

Adrian

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
The BEST I know of is WSI, but it's an expensive pay site pretty much for pilots.

And even they get their data from Noaa. ;)

Adrian, when you plan a visit to another side of the island, why not post an enquiry here. If you get no response .. it is wonderful Caribbean weather. If it is not, someone will respond. Do remember, unlike the UK, we mostly have sunny, mild and wonderful weather.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
and the crowd on the bord is from all over the island.
once you arrived and you know which weekend you wanna get away just post that weather question "hey guys, what you think your weather will be this upcoming weekend in..." on the bord right for the area you wnat to visit, for santiago, juan dolio, la romana, samana, puerto plata, punta cana, aso.
we are everywhere.
we're The Bord
have fun
Mike