Looking for Raw Milk (North Coast)

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
Good Morning,

Does anyone know of a farmer (or other source) where one can buy raw milk? Raw milk is straight-from-the-cow and unpasturized btw. I'm looking for a source in the Cabarete area and if possible someone who could do a weekly home delivery.

Thank you!

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Might be easier

Good Morning,

Does anyone know of a farmer (or other source) where one can buy raw milk? Raw milk is straight-from-the-cow and unpasturized btw. I'm looking for a source in the Cabarete area and if possible someone who could do a weekly home delivery.
Thank you!

Might be easier to find somebody close with a goat. milk is just as good, and its already homoginized

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is this dude selling milk in front of our house (in POP), he drives by about 8am in his old pickup with two barrels of milk in the back.
sells to locals.
personally i would not touch this stuff with a stick as i am susceptible to bacterias/viruses. locals boil this milk before drinking and apparently it's lot cheaper than in a shop. and better.
i can ask around about prices and where is this dude from, maybe he can do delivery to cabarete as well.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
be careful with buying raw milk from unknown sources here in DR. The level of hygiene in dairy stables is quite low to start with and, the worst is that they systematically throw peroxide in the milk to preserve it. Indeed, they do not have large freezers to preserve it so they resort to peroxide.
I live on a dairy farm and take my extra milk to the local "milk dealer" on a daily basis. I have tried about 6 or 8 of them and I can tell you that you will run away when you see those places in 10 seconds flat, as I did.

travelchik

Jan 26, 2007
Thanks Gamana (and everyone else who responded). Looks like we're going to pass on the raw milk idea down here after all. Just not enough in the way of hygiene and the risks obviously outweigh the benefits.

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Thanks Gamana (and everyone else who responded). Looks like we're going to pass on the raw milk idea down here after all. Just not enough in the way of hygiene and the risks obviously outweigh the benefits.

I consume raw fresh milk for over a year here now. But for making kefir not for drinking straight. I am used to raw milk back from my early childhood when my grandpa used to wake me up at 5 A.M. to drink a glass of freshly milked milk. Thanks to milk I do not eat neither meat nor fish and am big and strong like a bull. Or oso, whichever you prefer. GF who is almost thirty years younger cannot move nor walk for several days sometimes.

No, I wouldn`t say that fresh raw milk is that bad.

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
I consume raw fresh milk for over a year here now. But for making kefir not for drinking straight. I am used to raw milk back from my early childhood when my grandpa used to wake me up at 5 A.M. to drink a glass of freshly milked milk. Thanks to milk I do not eat neither meat nor fish and am big and strong like a bull. Or oso, whichever you prefer. GF who is almost thirty years younger cannot move nor walk for several days sometimes.

No, I wouldn`t say that fresh raw milk is that bad.

Fresh raw milk is the BEST. I consume it on a daily basis but, unless you live on a farm like I do, you need to be extremely careful. I would recommend going to local farms and be there at the milking time to collect your own milk.

siegs

May 9, 2006
Whoa

GF who is almost thirty years younger cannot move nor walk for several days sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelchik:

Perhaps another reason Travelchik might want to consider avoiding raw milk:bunny: