Live Posting from the Colonial Zone

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Hola.

I've been having trouble with the internet connection in my house but have a bunch of things to do which require a connection.

A quick search on the DR1 forums produced a list of places with WIFI in the capital.

I quickly found the Conde-Parque hotel (very close to the intersection of Parque Independencia and El Conde).

It's a small hotel but has a decent little pub inside (lots of fresh air). The music is great but not too loud (Simon and Garfunkel right now). And the owner, a German named Walter, seems cool (so far ;) )

The beer is cold and the wifi signal is strong.

I'll be here for an hour or two and will buy the first beer for any DRer who wanders in.

RHM

goodvin

Jul 23, 2007
Why not in lobby of the Napolitana hotel on malec?n- the beer is cold and the wifi signal is strong.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Why not in lobby of the Napolitana hotel on malec?n- the beer is cold and the wifi signal is strong.

All is well here.

Consider this an informal review.

If you're in the Colonial Zone and need wireless, this is a cool site.

PS: The burgers are good too.

RHM

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
expensive

beer is cold, and 150rd for a small one! cold yes signal good, not that fast

Mar 2, 2008
RHM,
What a great idea, and one that has legs;
On location reviews of 'off the beaten path' places of interest or fortuitous and gratuitous 'good vibes'.

Those of us who happening upon a place, which evokes a stirring, even if only a simple moment of respite or solitude, might consider sharing that place and time with others on DR1.

Much to his credit, Rocky has done this successfully in the past with some of his many contributions, and RHM has offered a place that might have been overlooked without his taking the time to include us in his discovery.

I think small contributions sometimes become major influences in our lives.

Thank you RHM. Your comments make me want to visit that place, and to find all the other places that are out there waiting to be experienced.