Colobri Hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.

genie38

Sep 3, 2008
I'm new on this forum, A question, I noticed an ad for a Colobri Hotel, anyone have an opinion?

genie38

Sep 3, 2008
Thanks for the reply Dolores, the place I'm thinking of is:
Hotel El Colibri in Sosua,
Calle Pedro Clisante 141, El Batey
Supposed to be a budget one. Also thinking of relocating to DR after staying for awhile, possibly as a medical volunteer.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I know the place well. It is very nice. Large pool, quiet, restaurant and bar. The rooms are nicely done. I believe they recently had a renovation also.

The owners are a Dutch couple. The price for rooms is about $50 US.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
It is a 15 minute walk and to far for that price. You can get a condo in Trade Winds or Palms at that price or a hotel room like New Garden that is right in the center of town.

I guess if one is chasing Putas it might be a bit far, but otherwise a more than adequate, quiet location at a good price. The Trade Winds is just as far.

On the other hand, just across the street is a bar called The Cubre LIbre Bar, probably the best kept secret in Sosua is all I will say about this bar.

Last edited by a moderator:

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I also recommend the New Garden as the owner Lorenzo is a good friend of mine, as is Willie the chef.

(Misunderstanding removed)

Last edited by a moderator:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I beleive she asked about a specific hotel - the grounds and pool area are nice with a decent restaurant nearby...not sure if their own restaurant is open at the moment,they also do spanish classes which may be of interest to the original poster...although anyone can book lessons.The security seems better than some

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I beleive she asked about a specific hotel - the grounds and pool area are nice with a decent restaurant nearby...not sure if their own restaurant is open at the moment,they also do spanish classes which may be of interest to the original poster...although anyone can book lessons.The security seems better than some

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I am trying to get across also. To each his own I say, but the OP did not ask about any other hotel.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
For the average person aor couple on vacation El Colibri is a much better choice than either New Garden ( no two ways about it, it is a PUTA hotel, albeit a nice one) or Tradewinds...on the other side of a busy highway and up a steep hill, plus it does not feel like anything like a resort. Walking to the main part of town is pleasant and safe from El Colibri, and you pass many restaurants and bars along the way, plus they are pretty strict about keeping it family friendly (vs. "guest" friendly).

If I were to suggest an alternative it would be Club Residencial, but I think it's a bit higher in price, and not as strict about about monitoring "guests"...

Status
Not open for further replies.