studying abroad in dr help

xxbuffet13xx

Sep 14, 2008
Hey everyone i dono if this is the right thread but i just needed some advice. I am going to study abroad in santo domingo but my mom is so scared for me to go because people keep telling her how bad it is and the funny thing is they have never even been there. SO i would just like to know from people who actually live in santo domingo to tell me how it is. THank you

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Don?t be scared!

Hey everyone i dono if this is the right thread but i just needed some advice. I am going to study abroad in santo domingo but my mom is so scared for me to go because people keep telling her how bad it is and the funny thing is they have never even been there. SO i would just like to know from people who actually live in santo domingo to tell me how it is. THank you

OK-- this was not the right thread. Try posting again in Living and in Santo Domingo and you will get more responses. I am an American. Retired here in the DR four years ago. Live in Santo Domingo. You can send me a private message. And I will send your mom my phone number.. And i will look out for you!! We have an English Library, a good group of American Expats.. really.. it is a very civilized city! Actually quite lovely.. do not be scared...

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
After I graduated from college in NYC in 2004 I came here to SD to do an internship for 6 months. My mother and her family, who are Dominican, thought I was crazy for coming to the DR. They said it was way too dangerous and tried to talk me out of it. 2 years earlier, when I went to study in Chile, they all gave me the same warnings. Both experiences turned out to be the best of my life and I now live and work full time in SD so go figure.

The moral of the story: Don't listen to others because only you know what you want.