In and around Cabarete travel costs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamielizabeth

Feb 9, 2008
Taxi Rates, I know there are taxi rates posted at the airport for diffrent destinations , my question about taxi's and transportation are , Is there set rates for taxi's for travelling around or do individual drivers set prices? Is there a diffrent price if you taxi is a car ~vs~ a mini van type vehicle.What would the price be for a taxi between Cabarete and Sosua? Cabarete and P. Plata? Should I ask the driver the price ? Or shold i say what i am willing to pay? (based on the info you provide here)

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
There are two taxi stands in Cabarete and the fares are posted at both. I believe it's about $10 to Sosua and about $30 to Puerto Plata. Same price for a car or minivan. if you talk to a driver directly, especially if business is slow, you may be able to negotiate better rates, especially if you want a day rate....

EnclineDesigns

Aug 21, 2007
web.mac.com
You could also take a Transporte Publico or a guagua for much less. If depends on what you are wanting but if you are just looking for a cheap ride, they are they way to go. It has been a while since I've made the trip from Sosua to POP but I think it is around 50 pesos for a guagua per person. Of course, this is sharing the guagua with other people;).

Status
Not open for further replies.