Transfering money to Domincan From Canada

lauren88

Sep 15, 2008
Just wondering from your experiences, what is the best online way to transfer money to the Domincan from Canada? ..
Thankss !
-lauren

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
transfers

HI

I always used Western union. If you ask for a preferred customer number, you will save money and earn phone minutes. To tranfer 100 dollars it cost me 110. and I got 5 minutes of free phone time.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If You Want To Send $$$$$$ To A Dominican......

with a "Sick mother" ,or other "Urgent" ...."Life Threatening" need,DON'T!

I see that this is your first post,and don't want you to go down the path that thousands of we "DR1ers" have already traveled!
You are not their "One True Love",just one of many "True Loves"!
If I am wrong in my assumption,disreguard my post. I made it with your best interests in mind!
Cris Colon

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008

I see that this is your first post,and don't want you to go down the path that thousands of we "DR1ers" have already traveled!
If I am wrong in my assumption,disreguard my post. I made it with your best interests in mind!
Cris Colon

QFT
(quoted for truth)

rl9ugj.gif

Cris Colon

Very well put Chris.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Speaking for the Grammar Police:

If you send money "the Dominican", you should probably put his name in there or his job title or some other noun, since Dominican is an adjective and needs a noun to make sense.

Since most of us here understand that you really meant THE Dominican (that stole your heart?), we understand, but that still does not excuse poor grammar.

Verdict: Since you have been hoodwinked, please forget about sending any money to anyone in the Dominican (Whatever), unless it is to a charity such as Beyond the Beach or Mustard Seed.

HB, Constable on duty for the Grammar Police.....

kateinottawa

May 5, 2008
Western Union

I use Western Union, since they can pick it up at any location in the city.

3000 pesos was 103 CAD taxes/fees in (last week)

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I'm assuming you have no bank account to transfer to in the DR?
We wire money to the DR from Canada all the time, we wire from our bank here to our bank in Punta Cana. With the type of account we have in Canada we don't pay any fees either.