meeting new friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

disciplemckie

Feb 16, 2004
www.dovemissions.com
Hello,

My husband and I just moved to Puerto Plata in June to work with the poor. We don't care for the bar scene (we don't drink) but he has managed to find a group of guys to hang out with once a week for breakfast. I am working on my Spanish and have a few Dominican friends here. I am hoping to meet up with a couple of women, maybe once a week for coffee or breakfast who just want to visit and have some laughs. In ENGLISH! I am in my mid 40's but would like to connect with all ages and backgrounds of women. If you are interested, maybe pm me? Or maybe respond here? I am not sure of the proper way to post contact information.:squareeye

Liz

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
moving to puerto plata

i am moving to puerto plata in october, why don't you pm me in november sometime. i need a couple of weeks to get organized but would love to make a couple english speaking girlfriends.

disciplemckie

Feb 16, 2004
www.dovemissions.com
Hi Charlielyn!

I met you in Congrejo over a year ago when I was here by myself helping Dale and Marta, do you remember? Yes, I know them well and thank you for thinking of them. Are you moving here anytime soon? I read on your blog that you have a November trip coming up?

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
Hi!

I will be moving to the DR soon. My mom's health is rapidly failing. In November I will be staying where I hope to rent for at least a year. I'll be calling Marta in November. I hope that I can help out with the street kids lunch program while there. See you then.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Hi!

I will be moving to the DR soon. My mom's health is rapidly failing. In November I will be staying where I hope to rent for at least a year. I'll be calling Marta in November. I hope that I can help out with the street kids lunch program while there. See you then.

Im sorry to hear about your mothers ill health. Im glad to hear you are coming to live here. Now you will have the opportunity of showing me all those great restaurants you wrote about in your blog and emailed me. Yes, I agree, Dale and Marta are lovely people. Look me up when you arive.

mancunian

Sep 24, 2008
charlielyn... could you post a link to your blog please, i love blogs about the dr... ch
eers tony... or pm me .....do dale and martha have blog?..pm please.

disciplemckie

Feb 16, 2004
www.dovemissions.com
Thank you!

I have met the most incredible people because of this posting. One couple lives in my neighborhood and I may have never met them had I not posted here. I want to thank everyone who works so hard on keeping the board running on a daily basis. It has been invaluable in moving here, and now I have some new friends. Hooray!

Liz

Reactions: FernieBee

Charlielyn

Bronze
Jul 31, 2005
charlielyn... could you post a link to your blog please, i love blogs about the dr... ch
eers tony... or pm me .....do dale and martha have blog?..pm please.

The DR1 has a blog section. My blog "A Survivor's Story" and Dale and Marta's blog are in that section. Go to the home page of the DR1 and scroll down looking at the sections on the left hand side of the page. When you get to BLOGS, click on it and enter to read all of the blogs. I hope that this works. You can also do a search for "A Survivor's Story" by clicking on the search tab at the top of the page.

Status
Not open for further replies.