mels tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

gert51

Dec 27, 2004
anyone know if the mels tours office is still open near the checkpoint bar, been trying to contact them via email and phone for over a week but no reply to both thanks in advance trudy

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
waterfalls!

Where is the 27 waterfalls? Is it in Puerto Plata area? The reason I ask is that I'll be at the Lifestyle Tropical in early Jan and would love to see those falls. Gracias!

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
Whoops! Forgot to ask for the cost of this excursion..and how long does it take for the tour? thanks again.

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
We paid 43 bucks american per person when we went. That included the tour throught the interior with some really interesting stops along the way and lunch at a ranch high in the mountains with a beautiful view. On the other hand, if you care to drive to the waterfalls, you can get you own guides at a much cheaper price. When we asked our guide how much to do the full 27 waterfalls instead of just the regular 7 he told us 8 dollars per person.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I was in Mel Tours office yesterday. Told them about your post and to check dr1. Their number is 809-571-4002.

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
When we did the waterfalls we went with our 8 year old daughter and 15 year old son and a group of tourists from Britain who were definitely not the athletic types. We all had a wonderful time and never, never felt in any danger at any time. The worst injury was a scraped ankle when one of the folks stumbled in one of the pools at the bottom of a waterfall and banged it on a rock.

Cheetah

Jan 15, 2005
When we did the waterfalls we went with our 8 year old daughter and 15 year old son and a group of tourists from Britain who were definitely not the athletic types. We all had a wonderful time and never, never felt in any danger at any time. The worst injury was a scraped ankle when one of the folks stumbled in one of the pools at the bottom of a waterfall and banged it on a rock.

Well good for you. I am glad your children came out of it unharmed. Were there life jackets and helmets provided? How deep was the water at the first river crossing near the parking lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.