Moving to Santo Domingo

ratnakumary

Sep 16, 2008
Hi All,

My name is Ratna Kumar. I am from INDIA. I am new to this form. Can anyone tell me how the life will be in the capital city of DR. I am planning to settle there with my family (3 of us). I am coming on job.
So kindly let me know how safe will be with my family? How much should I earn? etc.
This will help me a lot please.

By the way are there any INDIANS there?
Thanks in advance.
Ratna Kumar

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hi Ratna. My advice is read as much as you can on this forum and use the search function to find things such as schools, supermarkets, traffic, restaurants, staying safe, etc.

Santo Domingo is a pretty good size city (about three million people), where you should be able to find almost anything you wish (you may have to make your own chicken tandoori though...) A lot depends on what neighborhood you'll be living...DO you know this information yet?

There are Indians in The DR...just not a real big community. I know there used to be quite a few Indian students attending university when I lived in Santo Domingo. Not sure if this is still the case.

Reactions: FernieBee

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
You may want to pm dringa. I believe he is from Pakistan and owns a restaurant and bar in the capital. I know that not Indian but some may say it's pretty close.

ratnakumary

Sep 16, 2008
Thanks for everyone. Hi suarezn still I dont have any information about where I am staying. Can anyone tell me how the software jobs are in DR and how the salaries are?

Regards
Ratna Kumar

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
Ex-pat women in Santo Domingo

Hi Ratna: feel free to PM me when you arrive in SD - we are a small group of women living in SD who would be happy to meet you and help you settle in. As you can see from the posts below DR1 is a great source of information

Good luck to you!

Janis