looking for a nice condo in Sosua for month

Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
hi there!

Me and my husband need a 2 bedroom apartment for a month with our two small children. If you can help us out, it would be appreciated! We are not trolls here. We are looking for a place to stay and make a permanent move. Also looking for a good private school for the kids and a synogogue and we would prefer to live in a gated community.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
... Also looking for a good private school for the kids and a synogogue and we would prefer to live in a gated community.

You will find a small Synagogue in "downtown" Batey de Sosua. Ask, you can't miss it as the Jewish museum next to is, is a tourist attraction. It operates on a very limited schedule thou.
There is a Jewish center in Santo Domingo... again, small community.
In Sosua's El Batey, you will also find the Collegio Luis Hess, a school built by Jewis settlers who fled Nazi Germany. The school is currently under Dominican direction but still said to be one of the better schools.
Most other private schools have a Christian missionary back ground.

Related links which may be of interest:

... J-D.

Reactions: AnnaC

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
Thank you for the warm responses! We will check out all the links and do some research. :)

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
You can also try,

Perla de Sosua

I have lived there for two years and if you are looking for , Location, Location, Location . This is an option.

and yes I love sosua dot com

Last edited:

iluvsosua

*** Sin Bin ***
Sep 17, 2008
thanks for the messages! my husband is there as I write. I really would like to find a nice community in the Cabarete area to live. Like I said I have small children and would like private schools and more....What do kids do after school in DR? Are there activities? Are there jobs for me... a woman? What is crime like? What are families like? I heard that it is not the law for kids to go to school...what do they do all day? Gosh, there are so many questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
thanks for the messages! my husband is there as I write. I really would like to find a nice community in the Cabarete area to live. Like I said I have small children and would like private schools and more....What do kids do after school in DR? Are there activities? Are there jobs for me... a woman? What is crime like? What are families like? I heard that it is not the law for kids to go to school...what do they do all day? Gosh, there are so many questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thing your questions indicate that you should come and RENT a home for a couple of months to find out the answers to many of them yourself.
Finding work is very difficult.
You might or might not like to see how some children spend their leisure time.
You might find out that Cabarete and Sosua are so fundamentally different, you wonder how they can be so close... geographically.
You might find out that crime, being what it is, may not affect you, depending on how you live and act or that is just beyond your worst fears and you decide that you won't put up with it.
And so forth.

The bottom line question may be, is the DR really for you? And based on your questions I think not even you could answer that one at the present time. But that's in no way to say it isn't... just that you will have to find out. And once you'll do, I think your questions will change and many here could help you better finding an appropriate answer.

Meanwhile, all I fear you may get as answers to your current line of questions is mixed reports about crime based on experience which may potentially be yours or not, people trying to plug you their real estate in a "community" they will swear you will like (you don't seem to know any.. at least you don't say you do) and some warnings about how difficult it is to find paying work mixed with a few success stories.

At the end of all days... the most uninterested advice you will get, is to come and get to KNOW the country and it's regions before making a big decision and locking a lot of money into it. The word is, rent a furnished place, stay flexible and keep the back door open. Keep a low profile and try to acquire at lest some knowledge of the Spanish language before you come and develop it as soon as you arrive it.
With kids, such an exploration phase may have to be spread over longer summer vacation times...
Also keep in mind that the future outlook for kids growing up here is still quite uncertain... and that they might find themselves in a situation where, when reaching your age, they may not have the privilege to throw the towel on their country and choose to go where ever their pleasure or dream it may at that time be.

... J-D.

Status
Not open for further replies.