Sending a babies birth certificate

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
I am in Canada now for almost a month and I have a little less than 3 weeks to arrive at my baby's due date.

My questions are:

1.Should I send the original to Haiti once I have the passport or only write them to tell them the baby is born or do both?

2.My husband wants to obviously have the birth certificate translated and register the baby there so he can have both citizenships so will he need to keep the original for that or just a photocopy with the certified translation will do?

I know that usually no one will send documents unless instructed however I think the birth of our boy needs to be know right away so the process wont get slowed down...heres to hoping anyway!

One little comment: Dominican Health Care?

I was tested in D.R they said my blood group was O+, I found out today that i'm A-. Which means I missed two important Rogan shots that can cause risk with my next pregnancy. Now I realize that I made a exellent decision to come back to Canada to have my baby. I miss my husband but health is more important. And anyway as soon as we're clear to fly we will be going back to meet Daddy!..oh and work :(

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you are giving birth in Canada your baby will be a Canadian citizen so you don't need to send anything to Haiti..

Later the baby has the option of being a citizen of both countries but it won't be a benefit to anyone to rush into that.

Read this post http://www.dr1.com/forums/547339-post4.html for more info on traveling after the birth.

I'm happy that you returned home to give birth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry, I shouldn't post so late in the night.;)

Of course you should let Haiti know that you now have a baby but it will take 4 months to get a birth certificate after registration.

In order to fly out sooner read the link above.

Last edited: